Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 06-15-2006, 06:01 AM   #191
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: Ahhhgggrrrr.......

That's enough to scare the flies off a sh*t wagon......
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-15-2006, 06:04 AM   #192
m_t_yeo
Founding Member

Default Re: Rich Man, Poor Man

He started out looking at 4x4 Crewcabs, which start at 38K CAD. With tax and everything, it was 42K before adding a single option. I went from memory on the price, but I was suffering from some sticker shock, obviously.

I paid 16500 for my Echo out the door WITH A/C, upgraded stereo, etc. In other words, I could buy 2 of my cars and still have 10K in my pocket. I can't tow or haul shyt, but that's what truck rentals are for. Even compared to a regular cab 4x2, I would still have an Echo and a bike for the price of the truck. To me, that's expensive.
m_t_yeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 06:08 AM   #193
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: JB, looks like your buddy is doing fine!

Hunter S Thompson ate a shotgun. his opinion doesn't mean sh*t because he didn't have the balls to deal with life. Just another f*ckin' loser with a cult following.

Pass the kool-Aide there Jim...the kids are still awake..
Old 06-15-2006, 06:09 AM   #194
sarnali
Founding Member

Hunter S Thompson ate a shotgun. his opinion doesn't mean sh*t because he didn't have the balls to deal with life. Just another f*ckin' loser with a cult following.

Pass the kool-Aide there Jim...the kids are still awake..
Old 06-15-2006, 06:18 AM   #195
m_t_yeo
Founding Member

I slightly disagree.

Part of the issue is that when the rich start to mimic poverty, they do it in style. They don't buy cheap camo pants from the surplus store like some street urchin, they buy designer camo clothing from elite salons. They get mock jailhouse tats from a tattoo "artist" in Beverly Hills and don't earn them the hard way inside. They buy their tricked out Harleys from a tarted up dealership in the Hamptons and don't jury rig a ten year old Harley with spare parts in a garage.

It is the rare poor person that can take advantage of this trend to get rich selling the image to the wealthy, i.e. Miami Ink, OCC. Most of the time, the poor don't really benefit from the appropriation of their symbols.

As for blaming the chopped off pinkies on the rich ... I think that has more to do with looking tough for the neighbouring gangs than it does for symbolically separating oneself from the rich. That being said, as the general public moved to tattoos in general, the streets went to different self-mutilation, so perhaps she has a shred of a theory.
Old 06-15-2006, 06:19 AM   #196
seruzawa
The Toad

Oh, they knew they were getting screwed alright. But way back when they couldn't fight the Lord and his men since it tooks years to learn to use edged weapons and the serfs couldn't train.

However, some guy invented the crissbow and the ability of the common man to easily fight the aristocrat's thugs eventually changed everything.

Why do you think elitists get so exercised over an armed populace? Stands in the way of their plans for us.
Old 06-15-2006, 06:22 AM   #197
seruzawa
The Toad

Speaking of hypocrites, gotta love those has-been actors like Daryl Hannah sitting in a tree in L.A. because some property owner is trying to evict squatters so he can sell his land. Why don't those socially conscious rich Hollywood types buy the land themselves and donate it to the poor they profess to love so much?
Old 06-15-2006, 06:25 AM   #198
m_t_yeo
Founding Member

Synopsis:

Religious differences (Sunnis vs. Shia), ethic differences (Kurds vs. Arabs) and tribal differences (too many to mention).

All we've done is provide them the external enemy to rally against.
Old 06-15-2006, 06:28 AM   #199
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: The truth hurts part 2

Don't start a numbers game here 'cause Hussein was murdering an awful lot more than are getting killed now. And what the Taliban was doing in Afghanistan is beyond description.

And don't assume that I support stupid foreign ventures either. But, there was no world peace under Clinton. Didn't that @sshole withhold tanks from those poor saps that the idiot Bush Sr sent to Somalia?

Everyone of these pols hands are filthy and dripping with blood.
Old 06-15-2006, 06:28 AM   #200
m_t_yeo
Founding Member

Default Re: Career Advice

Hmmmm. Chalk up one for Longride.