Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 06-14-2006, 02:25 PM   #131
m_t_yeo
Founding Member

Default Re: Rich Man, Poor Man

It was higher than that - 91%

It's not necessarily the rate, it is at which dollar value the rate applies. The article I read said that the 91% rate only really applied to 500 people or so. That must have meant that it only affected people with an income of over 1 mil or so (in 1960 as per article). The new top bracket is only 38%, but it applies to any income over about 60K or so, meaning that upper middle class all the way up to super rich are now in the top bracket together, instead of the top bracket just being the ultra rich.

m_t_yeo is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-14-2006, 02:25 PM   #132
ksquid
Banned

PacTel was a monopoly at the time and was he in a union?..I remember that phone workers before the breakup of ATT were paid artificialy high...i.e. everyone wanted a job MaBell. So I am sure your dad did alot better than the Maytag repairman... Inflation is coming back..... it comes with deficit spending.. High intererst rates too... vodoo economics...kpaul is a prophet...
ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 02:26 PM   #133
johnnyb
Founding Member

chappaQUIIIIIDDDDICCCCKKK!!!

blowjob.

Hilary.

Whitewater!

Vince Foster.

Longwide, how u feel about gay marriage? i feel it is the greatest peril facing America today. U?
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 02:29 PM   #134
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Geez JB, did ya give up on the last thread already? Wasn't Vietnam the worst disaster in American history? More useless deaths than any war before or since? Started by Mr. Camelot himself, John Kennedy. Tell me one thing. Why is Kennedy revered for starting a useless war, bringing us to the brink of nuclear war, f*cking up the Bay of Pigs fiasco, and really messing up the economy? Why is looked on with such adoration and Bush such scorn? At least we're gonna win this one. It was going to have to be fought sooner or later, and you know it. Anyone that thinks that there would be no middle-east war in the near future has their head firmly placed in their ass. You can fight it now, or fight it 20 years from now. it woudn't have been any prettier then. Think what would have been if Chamberlain decided Hitler was a nutcase and got England to invade Gemany first. Would have been another 'useless war' in your book? So John "peace in our time" Burns, just face the facts and get over your petty obsession with Bush.
Old 06-14-2006, 02:31 PM   #135
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

I think the greatest peril are people that don't vote, can't think for themselves, don't do anything, and cry about everything everyone else does. Sound like anyone you know?
Old 06-14-2006, 02:33 PM   #136
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

Default Re: You win.

I like to watch!
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 02:38 PM   #137
everiman
Registered Member

You will find that you pay a lot less for food and clothes than your dad did (assuming the basics)
everiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 02:40 PM   #138
ksquid
Banned

"At least we're gonna win this one. It was going to have to be fought sooner or later, and you know it."

Uh are you sure?.. and Sadam didn't attack us on 9/11... like the Japanese did in WW2.Are we fighting Bin Laden's crowd in Iraq?...Only 15% of the so called insurgents in Iraq are foreigners (who by the way there wer 0% when in Iraq before we invaded)..So that means our Iraq exit is going to look more like Vietnam....i.e loading helicopters on the roof of the embassy..as pissed off Iraqi shoot at us..
ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 02:40 PM   #139
everiman
Registered Member

Don't forget membership in the leisure class
everiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 02:44 PM   #140
johnnyb
Founding Member

Vietnam was a part of the Cold War Longride, which i later fought in myself. There were actual reasons why it made sense in the beginning, tho Kenneday didn't really want to get involved his advisers did. Military industrial complex. We should've know better based upon the French experience, but at the time the Soviet vs. U.S. thing was an actual struggle for global control or so it seemed.

The two most powerful blocs in the world were squaring off against each other.

Now we are the only superpower. We need to deploy divisions to combat 12 al queda terrorists on a few airplanes? It is ridiculous. It is like attacking an anthill with a squadron of B-52s. Why? Military industrial complex needs the work. and bush needs to be a cowboy. You keep cheering them on. You don't have to go. You don't have to see your family get blown up.

You will, however, be footing the bill. Money, increased terrorism, psychological scars from returning service people reverberate throughout society.

johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote