Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Paranoid News Clips (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/paranoid-news-clips/)
-   -   How Far Can You Ride Your Bike on a Bushel of Corn? (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/paranoid-news-clips/3639-how-far-can-you-ride-your-bike-bushel-corn.html)

schizuki 06-05-2006 10:28 PM

Re: How Far Can You Ride Your Bike on a Bushel of Corn?

And like most 200 year old theories, it's a bust.

dingling 06-06-2006 12:17 AM

The fact of the matter is that Brazil, Thailand and Venezuela are considered as some of the strongest upcoming economies. Mostly due to their resource bases and large resreves of fresh water. Many foreign nations are investing heavily in them.

Also, Kennedy lives in Mass. I do not think cane will work there. So write Ted a letter and voice your opinion. Or get a rally going. Even in Hong Kong they stoped using styrofoam. They use a mixture of sugar cane, water and grass. Totally biodegradable and much stronger and stiffer than styrofoam.

dingling 06-08-2006 12:28 AM

That "rewards efficiency"? Ever had to have a problem fixed by your local "efficient" bank? I had a minor problem with my bank. Took 3 months to sort it out. Every problem was compounded by their "efficiency". Sent everything to the wrong country, all phone numbers given for a contact to correct the problem were wrong. What they had done was cancel my ATM card and credit cards FOR ABSOLOUTELY NO REASON. Then 3 months later THEY DID IT Again!!!! I am still waiting for the $200 they said they would reimburse that I spent on phone calls and FedEx charges to cleam up their "efficiency". A FRIEND OF MINE HERE JUST HAD BANK OF AMERICA DO IT TO HIM. HE HAS BEEN WAITING 4 MONTHS TO FIX THE SAME PROBLEM. They took a VERY MINOR pronlem and made it a nightmare in both our cases.

Or those "efficient" weapons contractors that have raped us for 3.4 trillion dollars, according to Donald Rumsfeld. My friend who is a GAO senior accountant for the Dept of Defense laughed and said "try 4.5 to 5 trillion". And after DOD employees were using their govt. issued credit cards for boob jobs for their wives and girlfriends and personal expenses like vacations their credit limits were INCREASED!!!

Or how about that "efficient" Paul Bremer, Or Michael Brown of FEMA, or William Tenet of the CIA who got the Presidential Medal of Freedom for screwing up on 9/11? We reward screwups all the time. Look at the White House.

It's only a matter of who you screw up for and how connected you are.

dingling 06-08-2006 12:33 AM

That "rewards efficiency"? Ever had to have a problem fixed by your local "efficient" bank? I had a minor problem with my bank. Took 3 months to sort it out. Every problem was compounded by their "efficiency". Sent everything to the wrong country, all phone numbers given for a contact to correct the problem were wrong. What they had done was cancel my ATM card and credit cards FOR ABSOLOUTELY NO REASON. Then 3 months later THEY DID IT Again!!!! I am still waiting for the $200 they said they would reimburse that I spent on phone calls and FedEx charges to cleam up their "efficiency". A FRIEND OF MINE HERE JUST HAD BANK OF AMERICA DO IT TO HIM. HE HAS BEEN WAITING 4 MONTHS TO FIX THE SAME PROBLEM. They took a VERY MINOR pronlem and made it a nightmare in both our cases.

Or those "efficient" weapons contractors that have raped us for 3.4 trillion dollars, according to Donald Rumsfeld. My friend who is a GAO senior accountant for the Dept of Defense laughed and said "try 4.5 to 5 trillion". And after DOD employees were using their govt. issued credit cards for boob jobs for their wives and girlfriends and personal expenses like vacations their credit limits were INCREASED!!!

Or how about that "efficient" Paul Bremer, Or Michael Brown of FEMA, or William Tenet of the CIA who got the Presidential Medal of Freedom for screwing up on 9/11? We reward screwups all the time. Look at the White House.

It's only a matter of who you screw up for and how connected you are.

dingling 06-08-2006 12:36 AM

Why not adopt? There are millions of kids globally that need homes and parents.

farmersquid 06-30-2006 05:42 PM

Yea, I'd like an order of fries with a side of thermodynamics please. Come on, I grow organic crops for a living, having used both horses and tractors and I can tell you we couldn't grow enough food (or corn) to feed one state if all we used in this country was "horsepower". If you eat meat of any kind you support a net loss of calories, since animals need to eat three to five times their weight to convert to sellable live weights. Gonna switch to soy burgers?