Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 05-30-2006, 12:56 PM   #71
bigdx
Founding Member

Default Re: Curiouser and curiouser

Ah, you caught me. You must a mensa member too right?
bigdx is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-30-2006, 12:58 PM   #72
Fenton
Founding Member

It does add some flair to the typical posts however. Other than my wife being a tramp,(that surprised me a bit) I enjoy the misguided ramblings.
Fenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 01:02 PM   #73
pdad13
Founding Member

Default Re: Pedophile-dad speaking out his ass again

Hey dumbass, those aren't my sentences. Those are the words of the people you claim to know so well.

Fiction or your complete lack of actual data? Actually, fiction is more like you slinging bullsh*t around and disparaging anyone and everyone with nonsense.

The differences in the rates between sportbikes and cruisers are come mainly from the assumed financial risk based on the type of bike. A minor accident on a sportbike could make it a total loss just because of plastic/minor damage. Not so on a cruiser or even a naked bike. Engine power is also factored in. A sportbike's "lifespan" is deemed to be significanly shorter than other bikes, therefore, more financial risk to insure it.

You've deduced that insurance companies set premiums based on fatality rates, which is totally incorrect, Sherlock. They're not insuring the rider, they're insuring the bike (unless you take supplimental medical). And it's not liability that costs so much either (very few riders cause any significant damage to anyone else's person or property in a crash.) It's the comp/collision.

Go back to the mother jokes. I don't know what makes less sense, your argument or "Pedophile-dad speaking out his ass again."

pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 01:28 PM   #74
pdad13
Founding Member

Default Re: Some more out-of-ass commentary from pedophile-dad.

I like how you conveniently change the subject. First you emphatically deny that older riders are dying in large numbers, which was wrong. Now you challenge your own assumption, that older riders, or more responsible riders, are cruiser riders. You associated younger riders with "power rangers," therefore the inference is that most older riders are cruiser riders.

You can't even follow your own flawed logic. Amazing.

One of the most common cruiser accidents is running off the road at a curve and hitting a tree and/or fixed object. Locking the rear brake is another popular one. And cruiser guys speed all the time. In fact one guy on an HD passed my group doing over 100mph over the weekend (we were doing about 75 mph), no doubt trying to show us what a real bike is.

Now, explain to me how, last week, I personally witnessed a "responsible," older cruiser rider pull out of a dealer on his brand new bike, wobbling and dragging his feet the whole way. Just minutes later we watched in horror as he ran right through a fork, over a curb and grassy area and it into a parked car at 30 mph in a busy gas station (right across the street from the dealer). He could have easily killed someone else besides his own dumb ass. He just froze. Didn't brake, steer or roll off the throttle. The dealership manager said the guy thought he knew it all and couldn't be told anything. Oh, it was his first bike, of course. Totalled at five minutes-old.

You're a fool.

Old 05-30-2006, 01:34 PM   #75
pdad13
Founding Member

Default Re: Looks like you're the leader in unsubstantiated bullsh*t

Yeah, you're probably right. But we make no distinction about the type of stupidity here. Either kind is just as misguided and gets you killed just as well.
Old 05-30-2006, 02:09 PM   #76
KLRer
Founding Member

Default Re: CO in Top Ten in Bike Deaths.

Deaths per 100,000 people is the wrong statistic. Spurious, red herring, etc. The more motorcyclists in a state, the more accidients and deaths, most likely, so the right statistic would be deaths per 100,000 motorcycle miles ridden or something comparable.

Deaths per 100,000 people is kind of like the statistics Churchill had in mind when he said "I trust these statistics completely because I made them up myself".
KLRer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 02:09 PM   #77
Buzglyd
Founding Member

I'm not a 40 year old virgin so they wouldn't let me in.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 02:10 PM   #78
davidhaner
Founding Member

I have been thinking exactly this each time I read a bigdx post.
davidhaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 02:21 PM   #79
seruzawa
The Toad

It's kind of like having a bargain basement Highwayman, eh?
Old 05-30-2006, 02:26 PM   #80
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Default Re: CO in Top Ten in Bike Deaths.

"The war on poverty"

Given enough money, I bet we can exterminate ALL those poor Bastiches.........

Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote