Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 05-30-2006, 04:09 AM   #41
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Default Re: CO in Top Ten in Bike Deaths.

No f*cking way! Haven't your read anything?! Mister Roger is an ex-Navy Seal and a sniper. The captain is going down biatch!

Check out the facts I "thoroughly" researched that you can not argue with:

http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/bl-mr-rogers.htm

http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/m/mrrogers.htm

http://www.navyseals.com/community/a...le.cfm?id=9309

http://www.infoplease.com/biography/var/fredrogers.html

BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-30-2006, 04:13 AM   #42
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Exactly! What is there to argue about when it comes to the moral majority? Hello, they ARE the majority, so everyone is on board for that.

And who DOESN'T like beating a baby seal?!
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 05:10 AM   #43
montana_sky
Founding Member

Montana doesn't have a helmet law either...
montana_sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 05:18 AM   #44
montana_sky
Founding Member

I agree... it's a person's choice whether to wear a helmet. And, to be honest, I figure I'd rather have the person die rather than wasting taxpayer money on trying to save his brain damaged head and then spending months in rehab and then spending years and years in some long-term care facility.

Out here, there seems to be no difference between 'cruiser' fatalities and 'sport bike crazy' fatalities.

Last year... there were the obvious sportbikekidgoingmach50 fatalaties, BUT... there were also the cruiserridergetstooclosetoguardrailandgetsrippedof fofbike AND to top it all off... the cruiser rider who tried to avoid hitting a deer, lost control and got run over by a LOGGING truck.

now THAT is a nasty greasy spot STILL on the road.
montana_sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 05:21 AM   #45
electraglider_1997
Registered Member

You see the HDs in the weeds near the road but the sport bikes are traveling at such a high rate of speed that when they leave the road they are most apt to disintegrate leaving nothing behind but nanobits of dumba$$ genes in the weeds.
electraglider_1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 05:29 AM   #46
electraglider_1997
Registered Member

Default Sport bikes vs cruisers

There are plenty of inexperienced riders on both types of bikes. Better to be inexperienced going at the speed limit on a Harley than doing 150 mph on a replica racer with a bimbo on the pillion . Who's going to live longer? I'll wage the person on the Harley.
electraglider_1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 05:40 AM   #47
tleddy
Founding Member

Here are some statistics from Florida after the helmet requirement was repealed:

Deaths increased by 24 percent above what was expected from the increase in motorcycle registrations.

* Helmet use declined from near 100 percent to near 50 percent after the all-rider helmet law was repealed.

* The decline in helmet use likely contributed to the increase in fatalitie.

* Deaths in riders <21 years, who were still required to wear helmets, increased by 188 percent.

Interesting that the fatalities went up 24% greater than expected on those not required to wear helmets while those required to wear went up 188%!!!!

Go figure.

As for me, all the gear, all the time...ATG,ATT

Tillman in Florida
tleddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 05:44 AM   #48
seruzawa
The Toad

No matter how many times you repeat that it will never sink in. If you took a poll of non-riders most would consider us all idiots, just that the helmetless ones are a bit more idiotic than the helmeted ones.

I simply can't figure out why some people just can't ride the bikes they like the way they want to and not get their pants in a wad about what someone else is doing. The best I can figure it's just some compulsion to to make oneself feel superior by trying to make others look inferior. I see a group of sportbikers and I think, "Looks like they're having a lot of fun." And then I see a group of cruisers and I think, "Looks like they're having a lot of fun." What skin is it off my nose if middle aged guys are reliving their youth.. or squids are posing as Freddie Spencer wannabes? And what the heck's wrong with that anyhow?

This applies to much more than just motorcycling since apparently each year we are subjected to more and more micromanaging busybody restrictions from our elected officials as the mainstream cheers them on. People should just mind their own business. If you won't allow others freedom, how the heck do you expect to have it for yourself?
Old 05-30-2006, 05:49 AM   #49
tleddy
Founding Member

Captain Kangaroo was no slouch either - he was a Sergeant in the BIG (2d) WW and was an unsung hero as well.
tleddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 05:59 AM   #50
Fenton
Founding Member

Default Then again,

Better to be going the speed limit on a sport bike than bar hopping on a Harley.

(Just thought I would add to your sweeping generalizations)
Fenton is offline   Reply With Quote