Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 05-29-2006, 05:11 PM   #21
v4bryan
Registered Member

Default Re: CO in Top Ten in Bike Deaths.

Reference your statement, please: I'd have thought it was the "born again" biker wannabes wobbling from bar to bar for a total of 20 miles on any given saturday before parking their $25k ass-jewelery in the garage and becoming orthodontists once the weekend ends again. The sooner those clowns are off the public roads the better.

Bryan...I've seen more HDs in the weeds in the last couple years than sportbikes ('o course, it could just be that the sportbikes fly farther)...
v4bryan is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-29-2006, 05:22 PM   #22
bigdx
Founding Member

Nah, I do think having a successful career and being able to purchase something other than cheapest junk on two wheels precludes somebody from being a real motorcyclist.

The guys that need get off public road are the imbeciles that get delusions of adequacy after watching a superbike race and then go strut their stuff on the road Â… with disastrous consequences. The orthodontists I know are mature enough to ride carefully and respect road rules and fellow road users.

bigdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 05:36 PM   #23
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

That should read: ...in VERY good weather apart from the heat, humidity, stickiness, with the daily summer thunderstorm.
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 05:47 PM   #24
v4bryan
Registered Member

By Bigdx:

Nah, I do think having a successful career and being able to purchase something other than cheapest junk on two wheels precludes somebody from being a real motorcyclist.

Well that's a charming brand of innocence-and I hope your bubble doesn't burst anytime soon. I'm an MSF instructor in Colorado and I can tell you I've seen at least twice as many "his&her" couples in matching "Live to ride" leathers than 19 year olds w/ a Gixxer and a Yosh pipe that are likely to lob it away on a corner they should've gotten through if they only remembered what they were taught.

By Bigdx:

The guys that need get off public road are the imbeciles that get delusions of adequacy after watching a superbike race and then go strut their stuff on the road Â… with disastrous consequences.

I couldn't agree more: those guys oughtta take it to a track day...but they're no more deleterious to the sport than the doo-rag wearing "brothers" who are in the wind as they wobble down the road, thirty strong, slowing traffic, reeking of Budweiser, and saving lives with their loud pipes.

By Bigdx:

The orthodontists I know are mature enough to ride carefully and respect road rules and fellow road users.

Really? The ones I've run into aren't: but then the ones I've run into are mostly newbies trying hard to be "bada$$es" and make up for their youth when somebody pantsed them in gym class. Once upon a time, if you dissed a biker they might kick the crap out of you: nowadays, they're more likely whip out a really pithy Mission Statement for their "gang".

Bryan...at least the squids are squids all the time...
v4bryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 06:37 PM   #25
schizuki
Founding Member

"The orthodontists I know are mature enough to ride carefully and respect road rules and fellow road users."

Too bad they're not mature enough to leave their f***ing mufflers on.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 06:43 PM   #26
Fenton
Founding Member

Default Free Clue.

Quit trolling and keep up with what's going on then check his "bike mpg" post before you step on your nads and look stupid.

Or, if you think a Vulcan is a sport bike you are on the wrong site.

(OK, now I'm ready for the canned response)
Fenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 09:12 PM   #27
mn0024
Registered Member

Kansas doesn't have a helmet law.
mn0024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 09:21 PM   #28
mn0024
Registered Member

The last time I saw national statistics for fatal motorcycle accidents, the leading demographic was 40 - 50 year olds on cruisers. There's a reason they call them cruisers. Going in a straight line at low speed is the only thing there good for, and the're really not all that good at that.
mn0024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 09:29 PM   #29
Dangerousdave_2
Registered Member

Has anybody in this mud wrestling contest have anything resembling an actual fact? Is it pimply faced teenagers suffering from testoserone poisoning that are racking up more than their fair share of deaths, or is it a bunch of old farts who never knew how to ride in the first place, trying to relive the youth the wanted to have while languishing in Dental school? I am neither--I have no real axe to grind, and wouldn't change my behavior anyway, if I turned out to be the guilty demographic. I would just like to maybe hear a fact.
Dangerousdave_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 01:58 AM   #30
bigdx
Founding Member

I'm an MSF instructor in Colorado and I can tell you I've seen at least twice as many "his&her" couples in matching "Live to ride" leathers than 19 year olds w/ a Gixxer and a Yosh pipe that are likely to lob it away on a corner they should've gotten through if they only remembered what they were taught."

Law enforcement agencies, insurance companies and statistics say otherwise.

"Once upon a time, if you dissed a biker they might kick the crap out of you: nowadays, they're more likely whip out a really pithy Mission Statement for their "gang"."

So ‘real biker’ is the one who has done some jail time, and is liable to get into a fight whenever in a bar? (where presumably he spends 23 hours a day).

And you elude I live in a bubble? Whatever dude.

bigdx is offline   Reply With Quote