Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 05-29-2006, 11:36 AM   #11
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Default Re: CO in Top Ten in Bike Deaths.

You guys are both off topic...I'm telling.

And whatever your opinion is on helmet/oil/dead people/Bioweasel; you're wrong. Please try to be more open minded.
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-29-2006, 11:39 AM   #12
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Default Re: Oooh Oooh Colorado...

..banjos playing through the broken glass..

Oh that was Alabama...sorry. Why do I think of Niel Young when i read stuff like 'dis?

wait a minune...here comes another one..."your cranium has got bounced off of the street, and now it is cracked...."

oooh oohh colorado....
Old 05-29-2006, 01:10 PM   #13
bigdx
Founding Member

I believe this goes to proves that the ‘idiots’ on motorcycles are actually represented by the power ranger crowd who manage to wreck a perfect working motorcycle, on a perfectly good road, under perfect weather conditions with un-wavering consistency and frequency.

I guess insurance companies and law enforcement agencies have been correct all along Â…

bigdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 01:13 PM   #14
bigdx
Founding Member

Insurance companies and law enforcement agencies will let you know that the rider most likely to take the old ‘sand nap’ to be the idiot on a sport bike. The rate at which this occurs goes to prove the high correlation between being an idiot and a sport bike rider.

I do not wish anybody dead, but the sooner those clowns are off public roads the better Â…

Old 05-29-2006, 01:15 PM   #15
bigdx
Founding Member

I love it even more considering you power ranger sport bikers are the segment of the motorcycle population being eliminated from the human gene pool at the fastest rate.
Old 05-29-2006, 01:58 PM   #16
Fangit1
Founding Member

You have to be careful drawing conclusions when comparing states with severe winters to the other states.

The death rate per miles ridden must be even worse (relative to other sates) in CO where most riders only ride regularly 7 months of the year.

In places like CA and FL you should expect higher death rates per 100,000 people because people ride a lot more.
Fangit1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 02:07 PM   #17
gaineso42
Founding Member

In Florida we have a half million or more bikes in Daytona in the sunshine while Colorado is still iced over. We do ride 365 days a year in mostly VERY good weather.
gaineso42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 02:52 PM   #18
cota
Founding Member

This is an interesting article but logical analysis indicates someone is likely messing with the statistics. The article notes "...There was, however, a 40 percent increase in the number of registered motorcycles during this period, although the total number of miles driven on motorcycles declined slightly." Unless the 40% garage their bikes, there would have to be an increase in miles driven and if the growing lack of motorcycle parking spots at work is a sample indicator, I'd say this is propaganda aimed at elimination of someoneÂ’s pet peeve or there desire to enforce a personal opinion of what is right on the rest of the population. Personally, I wear a helmet and at least a padded jacket at all times but I also believe that this and seat belts should be a personal decision not a political decision based on campaign donations, lobbyist attention, or the state/federal senators best rich buddies wants. I guess I would write the article totally off, but there's enough to doubt the validity, do some analysis and see if the writer's motive can be discovered.
cota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 02:54 PM   #19
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

Default Are we looking at the right things?

I would like to see reports correlate 1) participation in a motorcycle safety program (or lack thereof) with 2) accident/fatality data. Unfortunately, the following is taken directly from the NHTSA website...

"Link among rider education, licensing, and crash data: Seven States (Delaware, Florida, Idaho, Maryland, New Mexico, New York, and Oregon) could link both their licensing data and their rider education data to crash statistics for their State. The only other State that could link any information to crash data was California, which could connect only licensing data with crash statistics."

Enough already! We all already know... if you hit your head hard enough, you die. Me thinks it would be more important to AVOID hitting one's head in the first place.

And for all those stats weenies, the NHTSA data indicates that helmets would only prevent deaths thirty-six percent of the time, in persons killed in accidents (who were not wearing a helmet during the accident).

Old 05-29-2006, 04:01 PM   #20
Neal
Founding Member

Ohio and Fla dont have helmet laws for adults but I know Fla requires helmets for under 21
Neal is offline   Reply With Quote