Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 02-23-2001, 04:36 PM   #1
flinchy
Founding Member

Default Re: Hayden Injured

First Post?
flinchy is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-23-2001, 05:02 PM   #2
bluedot
Founding Member

Default Re: Hayden Injured

Broken hand huh ...

you'd think with his popularity he'd have no problem getting girls.

hehehe, couldn't resist

bluedot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2001, 05:06 PM   #3
MoMo
Founding Member

Default very good.

very clever thinking. 10 points.

keep up the good work.
MoMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2001, 06:18 PM   #4
granny
Founding Member

Default What the hell is a scaphoid anyway???

Just in case you don't know, what the hell a scaphoid is, this article might prove helpful:

http://www.physsportsmed.com/issues/aug_96/gutierez.htm

I broke a scaphoid in a cycling accident once, a f*cker in a cage ran me off the road; I put out my arm to break the fall; it healed on it's own. I hope Hayden has access to good medical care. Most ER physicians don't know squat about fixing busted motorcyclists. I have a permanently broken collar bone (distal, not proximal fracture) as a consequence of totally inept care on the part of an ER physcian (d@mned tw@t).
granny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2001, 06:44 PM   #5
CyberJonesy
Founding Member

Default Delete this !

You guys at MO should delete pointless posts like this one that only says first post....I know it would be unpleasant for those who miss whole nights of sleep only to broadcast a senseless sentences like this!
CyberJonesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2001, 07:52 PM   #6
stevegrab
Founding Member

Default Re: Delete this !

I couldn't agree more. What a waste, I really thought that would all go away when people were forced to register. But I guess some of the teenage readers registered just so they can do their stupid "first posts".

I can tolerate meaningful posts, with the "first post" at beginning or end, but even that shows a certain juvenille sense of humor.
stevegrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2001, 07:52 PM   #7
floundericiousFL
Founding Member

Default Re: What the hell is a scaphoid anyway???

oh h@ll yes! now I know what that is! damn I've had that one hurt before...like after a hard session of powerlifting in the gym with a lot of curls and lifts and pull downs...it's that little bugger in your wrist that makes it feel like your hand is a little bit out of joint on your wrist when it gets hurt! Most of those bones at the hand-end of your wrist you can "pop" back into place when they start acting up, but this little b@st@rd doesn't work the same and it can hurt like bloody hell when you put down a weight and the thing pops!

yuk! Well, hopefully Hayden will stay off of it for a few days, if possible.
floundericiousFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2001, 01:35 AM   #8
slider
Founding Member

Default same thing here

granny, what happened exactly with your collarbone? Did they plate it and screw it or just let it heal itself with a sling? And how is it now? Do you have full range of motion with your shoulder?

Look into malpractice.

I also broke my clavicle roadracing and my scaphoid on a dirt track and I too received "sub-par" treatment. What's worse, I got this treatment even though I was at the time of both accidents a second-year medical student. Some doctors are still living in the sixties with regards to their treatment techniques. What's worse, motorcyclists are nonexistant in the healthcare world. I am constantly laughed at for riding a sportbike to the work at the hospital. Oh well...
slider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2001, 02:52 AM   #9
redvtr
Founding Member

Default Re: Delete this !

Lighten up.....
redvtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2001, 07:27 PM   #10
neoyetif2
Founding Member

Default Re: same thing here

Motorcyclist that are healthcare providers are out there. I was one. I once got pulled over for lane splitting (not legal in New Mexico) with my scrubs on. The cop let me go with a warning and a talking to (something about why do you ride the way you do, haven't you seen enough banged up motorcyclist at work? which I did not see very often) I later became a ER nurse and enjoyed parking my TDM 850 outside the ER. I got a lot of sh!t, but I also got a lot of compliments. A lot of ER staff are adrenaline junkies that do a lot of crazy stuff, like solo rock climbing. As far as the sub-par treatment goes, people need to demand answers from Doctors and Nurses. If it hurts tell them! If they don't do anything, ask for their supervisor. Demand action.
neoyetif2 is offline   Reply With Quote