Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 04-23-2006, 04:47 AM   #1
gbrummett
Founding Member

Default Re: AMA Barber races luring hefty force of Bama troopers, speeding bikes the problem

I really liked this quote "We are not after your average Harley or Honda riders," Sartain said. "They are not the guys who are being stupid."

That being said I'm finding this more and more out here in Arizona where my fav weekend sport bike roads are being patroled more and more. Was nice to find out if you go on the weekend there is no coverage at all.
gbrummett is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-23-2006, 05:57 AM   #2
bigdx
Founding Member

Default Re: AMA Barber races luring hefty force of Bama troopers, speeding bikes the problem

Funny how the act of watching a motorcycle race makes the inbred think they are talented racers themselves.
bigdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 06:30 AM   #3
goodtime
Founding Member

bigdx, are you saying that all who watch a motorcycle race are inbred? I assume that you don't watch racing, or you are inbred also. Surely you are not knocking the people of AL. The Barber facility and museum are of highest caliber. The track and facilities are immaculate, I know because I was there last year and live in Bama. I would have attended this year, but my cousin, well, she couldn't get off from her job at the chicken plant today.
goodtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 07:18 AM   #4
bigdx
Founding Member

"are you saying that all who watch a motorcycle race are inbred?"

Maybe if you try reading the whole sentence (at one time) you will understand what I am saying?

bigdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 07:23 AM   #5
tomk2
Founding Member

Well, Honda HAS slipped from where they were a few years back. They used to make really innovative cool bikes that you would lust over. Now they're just another big 4 clone.
tomk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 09:56 AM   #6
yellowduc_1
Founding Member

I have noticed that the effect is not limited to m/c races. Almost any kind of motor sports contest brings out the ricky racer wannabe in some folks.
yellowduc_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 11:41 AM   #7
bigjames
Premium Member

You all ought to see I-20 in Alabama after the NASCAR races, holy crap! The Auburn-Alabama football weekend is just as insane. Alabama State Patrol are used to idiots who think they are racers, or sports gods, or just plain stupid. That road is also known as the Birmingham-Atlanta Speedway...face it, this is just another money making opportunity provided by Darwin Award eligibiles for the State of Alabama...they have a lot of them...
bigjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 01:44 PM   #8
goodtime
Founding Member

Ok, bigdx, I stand corrected, I see your point in the whole sentence. It just appeared you might be taking a cheap shot there. Sorry.
goodtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 02:25 PM   #9
yoavy11
Founding Member

It's like when I was 8 y/o coming out of a Bruce Lee movie, we were all Kong-fu champs for a week.
yoavy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 04:09 AM   #10
jimmyr
Registered Member

I live in northeast Alabama, and i gotta say that I have driven/ridden all over the US, Canada, and most of western Europe and I have never, ever seen as bad drivers as here in Jackson county. But they're friendly; the common practice is after they almost run you off the road, they wave and smile. Had this happen to me just the other day. Guy was noodling around with his cell phone and coming at me head-on in my lane. By the time he realized he was gonna flatten me with his F-150, I was already one hair from taking the ditch. Waved and smiled big as you please.

Also, if you see a car with a turn signal on, it's probably broken and has been blinking since they bought the car!!!
jimmyr is offline   Reply With Quote