Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2006, 07:09 AM   #51
Buzglyd
Founding Member
 
Buzglyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 10,904
Default Bring back the double nickel!

Carter rules man.



55 saves lives
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-18-2006, 07:19 AM   #52
SRMark
Founding Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,465
Default Re: A Sign of Things to Come?

Looks like a good platform from which the US Chamber of Commerce can launch a "come live in the land of freedom" campaign. You get the government you elect. We have a few warts here in the land of Bush but we are warmer, have a longer riding season and try to keep commercial issues in the hands of commerce, not the government. And for you younger Canandians, we'll pay for your college training if you don't mind shooting a few rounds off from time to time.
SRMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 07:52 AM   #53
BMW4VWW
Founding Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 1,833
Default Re: A Sign of Things to Come?

The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule.



-H.L. Mencken

BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 08:17 AM   #54
Tigercub
Founding Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 1,125
Default Re: A Sign of Things to Come?

Doesn't make sense. Using your example of the sportbike rider with $1000 insurance premium. At 70% of break-even point, just charge $1428 instead. It shouldn't make that much difference to the bike owner and if it does he can buy a bike cheaper to insure.



Unless you're working with motorcycle manufacturers who pick up the difference in the premium shortfall???
Tigercub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 08:53 AM   #55
anrajala
Founding Member
 
anrajala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,490
Default Re: A Sign of Things to Come?

>we'll pay for your college training if you don't

>mind shooting a few rounds off from time to

>time.



What´s best, then you´ll also get to travel and see the world.



- cruiz-euro
anrajala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 09:52 AM   #56
m_t_yeo
Founding Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 323
Default Re: A Sign of Things to Come?

I didn't know the claim rate was 70%, which is why I thought the other 30% would make enough to cover the losses. Thanks for filling me in.

m_t_yeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 01:30 PM   #57
The_AirHawk
Founding Member
 
The_AirHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Leanin' Tower O' P-P-P-P-POWAAAAAAAAA!!!!
Posts: 11,491
Default Re: A Sign of Things to Come?

............meet Exotic, Interesting People..... and Kill them........
__________________
Parfois, on fait pas semblant
Sometimes, it's not pretend
Oderint Dum Metuant
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 02:04 PM   #58
m_t_yeo
Founding Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 323
Default Re: A Sign of Things to Come?

That this crew came up with this quote in the era of this president is the definition of irony.
m_t_yeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 02:11 PM   #59
m_t_yeo
Founding Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 323
Default Re: A Sign of Things to Come?

As far as roads go ... it will never be just you on the road, so there will have to be some realistic limits to what you can do there because your actions can definitely affect other people. Bikes should normally be exempt from most of those restrictions, though, because the damage you do with them is to yourself and not necessarily to others.



You ever hear of a family getting killed to a person because of an accident between their minivan and a motorcycle, for example? Happens all the time with SUVs.
m_t_yeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 02:13 PM   #60
m_t_yeo
Founding Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 323
Default Re: Eh?

LOL. Witness the last election. Yes, crap happens here, too.
m_t_yeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off