Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 03-28-2006, 04:22 AM   #1
SuperSquid
Registered Member

Default First Post

First Post!!! Bummer it is on such a sad story.
SuperSquid is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-28-2006, 04:28 AM   #2
03zx12r
Registered Member

Default Re: Senseless Road Rage Tragedy.

That's really too bad. The guy was struggling with "other" personal problems before he took the life of a cyclist. He should be locked up forever, or give him the opertunity to try it himself. Put him on two wheels and see if he likes having his rear tire hit by the bumper of another vehicle.

03zx12r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 04:46 AM   #3
mikenomad
Founding Member

Default Re: Senseless

I just wish that once in awhile we could read about a *sensible* road rage tragedy.
mikenomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 04:50 AM   #4
gear_head
Registered Member

I doubt he will get any significant time; not like if he killed someone with a gun or a knife. He used his vehicle, so he'll get off easy. It's unfortunate.
gear_head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 04:55 AM   #5
The_Aerodynamic_Head
Founding Member

Default Felons and rights.

You know, the Constitution says that if you're convicted of a felony (thus demonstrating a certain lack of moral fortitude, to say nothing of rational decision-making ability) you lose your right to vote. We've since enacted other laws restricting the rights of a felon to own a firearm. So it seems reasonable that when a man commits a felony and violates the social contract, abrogating his rights, that we move further to restrict his right to operate a vehicle on the public roadway.

Do the crime, do the time. Lose your vote, your gun, your car.

But is the more obvious moral of this story that if you ride a Harley-Davidson, you will be able to neither outrun nor outmaneuver a Dodge minivan?!
Old 03-28-2006, 05:06 AM   #6
bmwdude
Founding Member

I think our lesson here is to NOT acknowledge an aggressive drive at all.

I'll admit I have a really poor record on this myself. Last year I grabbed a cell phone out of an SUV drivers hand and threw it over a guardrail. This after the SOB changed lanes into me putting me into the same guardrail.

In spite of the temporary gratification, this was a really dumb thing to do. This guy could have easily ran me down just like the dude in this story.

After this I made myself a promise to pull over and let them go. I've done this a couple of times since and as a riding strategy this works well. I just don't get the satisfaction of yelling or flipping the bird etc....
bmwdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 05:14 AM   #7
caffine
Registered Member

Default Re: Felons and rights.

"...,you will be able to neither outrun nor outmaneuver..."

I was thinking the same thing.
caffine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 05:24 AM   #8
boru4761
Registered Member

bmwdude,

I would like to second your motion. Do not acknowledge any road rage when you are on a motorcycle and get away from them as fast as you can. This is good advice in a car as well but at least in a car you have some chance of coming away unscathed if someone loses it and decides to play bumper cars with you.

Like they say, 'Living well is the best revenge' and who can say your not living well when you stick around to ride another day?

boru4761 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 05:25 AM   #9
bigdx
Founding Member

Default WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"more obvious moral of this story that if you ride a Harley-Davidson, you will be able to neither outrun nor outmaneuver a Dodge minivan"

WTF are you about sunshine?

Does that mean if you walk across the street (and obviously not capable of out running a car) you should think yourself liable to get killed because of it?

Do me a favor; take your moral and stick it up your ass!

bigdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 05:29 AM   #10
iamz
Founding Member

Good strategy. Confronting someone in a car is always a bad idea. And if you feel you have to swear, yell or filp off the offending driver of a cage, you probably shouldn't be riding a motorcycle.
iamz is offline   Reply With Quote