Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 03-13-2006, 05:46 PM   #71
LiionsRest
Registered Member

Default Re: Bike Week Deaths Worst In Event's History.

heh, a BIT you say? More like shut it almost completely down. Perhaps trim it down to it's core events, whatever they are.

Your comment about selling T-shirts really contains the essence of the situation anyway, and is why alcohol won't be banned... $money$. The bars and what not selling booze are undoubtedly raking in some piles of it, and without some unstoppable anti-alcohol group intent on drying up the party, Daytona will continue as is. Those making the bucks won't let their cash cow suddenly die of thirst.

In principle, I don't like helmet/seatbelt laws because of an innate feeling it should be my decision. Realistically, I view them as necessary.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-13-2006, 08:44 PM   #72
The_Aerodynamic_Head
Founding Member

Default Re: But I guess you can't force some people to get smart.

Thadeus (sp?)
Old 03-13-2006, 08:51 PM   #73
The_Aerodynamic_Head
Founding Member

Seruzawa said: "How about 500,000 college students? How many would die of alcohol poisoning?"

WHO CARES?! You can see it all by ordering Girls Gone Wild #936!! You must call now, and you'll receive some other trailer-trash community college chicks desperately trying to raise money for the support of their boyfriend's heroin-and-dip habit!...ABSOLUTELY FREEEE. *cancel at any time*
Old 03-13-2006, 08:53 PM   #74
The_Aerodynamic_Head
Founding Member

I drive a 1978 Caddy Eldorado (Biarritz package, even!) Now you know our secret...you must be eliminated...start the polka-ray bombardment, Boys!
Old 03-13-2006, 09:08 PM   #75
EvoVII
Founding Member

Yeah, sunny skies and good weather have almost killed me several times. Beware!
Old 03-14-2006, 12:41 AM   #76
pdad13
Founding Member

Default We have a winner!

Your parting gifts include your very own robot CONTROL agent, one slightly used Cone of Silence, a Sunbeam convertible and a pair of Barbara Feldon's panties.
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 05:58 AM   #77
lwatcdr
Founding Member

Default Think of the numbers.

I really doubt that as many people went to Laguna for the MotoGP as go to Daytona for bike week. Also the crowd at Laguna tend to be the hard core sport bike crowd. My guess is that they would tend to want to fit into that crowd so they wear leathers and a helmet.

The West Coast Chopper crowd tend to go to Daytona. I watched the Superbike race on TV and was shocked how few people where in the stands. I guess they where at the bars.

Anyway a much different crowd and a much larger crowd. I am just sorry I missed the races.
lwatcdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 06:13 AM   #78
rsk173
Founding Member

Default Re: just like to say

some would argue riding w/o a helmet qualifies.
rsk173 is offline   Reply With Quote