Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 03-12-2006, 04:23 PM   #21
The_Aerodynamic_Head
Founding Member

Default This Just In...

The sub-rational FHP explained to the semi-literate press that "Sunnie Skies", a well known Datona area street walker, is to blame for the deadliest Bike Week ever. The huge biker concentration combined with an alcohol supply exceeding four fifths per capita per day colluded to produce a random evolutionary mutation in the Bike Week attendees. The FHP believes at this time that Sunnie Skies had spread the deadliest and fastest-acting social disease ever known.

FHP Head Honcho Jim Howell noted, "Though this theory has no basis in discernable fact, it's the best our forensic experts can do without upsetting the politically sensitive tourism based economy of the area." When questioned further about teh spelling and grammar abilities of this reporter, Howell replied, "Look, if we come out and present believable knowledge and statistical information about the deaths at Bike Week, we'll throw over the apple cart, pi$$ing off the bikers, pi$$ing off the Daytona City Council who make their living from the bikers, and probably pi$$ off Jesus too!"

In other news, the CIA now believes that Jesus Christ is to blame for extremist Islamic terrorism, and are also investigating Mickey Mouse in connection with last summer's asinine remake of The Love Bug.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-12-2006, 04:24 PM   #22
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Bike Week Deaths Worst In Event's History.

How many deaths do ya think there might have been if 500,000 lowriders congregated in the same place? 500,000 Ducatisti? 500,000 GSXRZXYZCBR-riding squids?

How about 500,000 college students? How many would die of alcohol poisoning?

Statistically, 18 deaths may very well be insignificant when you figure the total number of people.
Old 03-12-2006, 04:44 PM   #23
mikenomad
Founding Member

Default Re: MASDAGW Protest Rally in Daytona

Following this year's deadly Daytona Bike Week, the organization Mothers Against Sunnie Days And Good Weather is planning a large protest.

"Once again the mixture of sunshine, good weather, and driving has been shown to be deadly," a MASDAGW spokesperson said.

Dry roads and nearly unlimited visibility have been blamed for countless deaths in the Daytona area over the years according to MASDAGW.
mikenomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 05:01 PM   #24
pdad13
Founding Member

Sorry to hear anyone died, much less 18 people.

But I've got to say, I'm not surprised. With the popularity of motorcycling skyrocketing over the last decade, the ranks have been swelled by a lot of people who don't give a rat's a$$ about riding well and only care about looking cool (or so they think).

Alcohol, if you put any value in the stats, has been the leading cause of MC accidents. And yet we've got thousands of adolecent-minded lunkheads who go to Daytona simply to ride their bikes down the strip, park, spend hours upon hours in bars, then wobble back to their sleeping quarters.

It's hard to say what caused these deaths, but I'd be willing to bet alchohol (and the aforementioned lack of skill and brains) had to do with a good portion of them.

I hate to say it, but the Bike Week scene has become something of an embarassment.
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 06:21 PM   #25
caffine
Registered Member

Where the hell is the rest of the article?
caffine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 01:58 AM   #26
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

I beieve the actual estimates of attendance is 1.5 million.
Old 03-13-2006, 02:51 AM   #27
egschade
Registered Member

Let's look at it statistically. You have, very conservatively, 100K bikers. 9 died. That works out to .009%, which would be an outstanding mortality rate for an average day on the highway. If it was 500K riders, it drops to .002%. This, despite drunk, unskilled, poser, no helmet, drugged up riders!

K1200LTe "Shamu"

It's not the years in your life that matter, it's the life in your years...
egschade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 04:12 AM   #28
teknoman
Registered Member

True statistically the ratio is very low.Being a former er tech,glad I don,t have to dothat anymore.We just had NASCAR here in Veegas and of course no mention,of the faltal/non fatal number of accidents wehad here.Guaranteed,that if there was a Daytona here we would have heard all about it.The thing that burned me up was I saw a picture of a young lady riding a sportbike,bikini no helmet,with her looked like around 11/12 yr old daughter also in a swimsuit,holding on to her mom,with her mom.s hemet on!
teknoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 04:44 AM   #29
seruzawa
The Toad

Imagine getting 1.5 million Aldermen together!
Old 03-13-2006, 04:46 AM   #30
bbtowns
Founding Member

Welcome to Portland. Other than the recent snow, with a good set of rain gear it's all the same.