Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Paranoid News Clips (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/paranoid-news-clips/)
-   -   Any Honda Supercub Owners? (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/paranoid-news-clips/337-any-honda-supercub-owners.html)

MartialStax 02-16-2001 08:54 AM

Re: Any Honda Supercub Owners?

Sorry, can't help you there, but I did learn to ride on a Supercub in the 70's. My dad owned one and a Ducati Mountaineer 90cc 2-stroke dirt bike. He got so fed up with the Ducati, he sold it and the Honda to a friend at work. He threw the Ducati away and kept the Cub.

designeraccd 02-16-2001 12:53 PM

I learned how to ride on a Cub 50 in the Spring of 1964. It opened up the wonderful world of motorcycling! I put over 8000 miles on that little 50 between then and Jan. '65 when I joined the Marine Corps. Currently I have a Cub 50 with 256 miles on it in my little collection. Those little Cub 50s certainly helped change the motorized world; was amazing how far I could go on a dime's worth of gas in the Summer of '64! DFO

MrHonda 02-17-2001 06:23 AM

Will forward your request to the Vintage Japanese Motorcycl Club mail list. I have a friend in So Cal who has a wonderful C100 in blue, but it is a 1965 version. Bill Silver
www.vintagehonda.com

Sparky 02-19-2001 12:50 AM

My Dad bought the C100 Super cub (black and white) in 61. I was only four then. I later learned how to ride on it. Beleive it or not, I rode it mostly in the dirt when I was young. That elbow front suspension took a pounding and never once got tweaked. Rode the heck out of it until I bought a used early '60s Bridgestone 175 with the dual range gear box. Anyway, still have the Super Cub with the original tires! and chain.

RzRob 02-20-2001 10:54 AM

Leisure World (a.k.a Seizure World) a Retirement Community in Southern California actually purchased a whole fleet of Super Cubs brand new back in the 60s for the seniors to get around the community. Increasingly litigious times forced management to re-consider this idea and they eventually switched to golf carts. Talk to the original management if any of them are still kicking and I'm sure you'll get a few good stories.

richard m 05-05-2008 08:24 AM

got one

i need a front fork and do you now the spark plug number

pushrod 05-05-2008 08:35 AM

Richard,

Don't expect an answer from the former posters. This thread is over seven years old.

However, we have some boo-coo smart fellas on the site that might be able to help.

I should point out that the demographic of this site is primarily crusty old farts, and it helps to check your sensitivities at the door.

Good luck!

alknoll 07-16-2010 06:05 AM

Super Cub...

hello, I would be grateful for any advice, I want to get a used super cub from an auction and wonder what to check for if anything at all