Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 01-27-2006, 08:26 AM   #1
acecycleins
Founding Member

Default Re: Vali's future is starting to look obvious.

first !!!!!

Duh-

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-27-2006, 10:54 AM   #2
FrankS1
Founding Member

After all these years, Surtees remains the only one to win championships on 2 wheels and 4 wheels..

Well -

Not quite true if you're a follower of American racing. Joe Leonard was AMA # 1 (back in the days when only one rider could wear that plate, not like today when there are a half dozen different categories) and then had a successful career as an auto racer.

And Mike Hailwood, for one, gave it a pretty serious try, though an accident on the auto circuit put an end to a dual career.

As far as I know, nobody has begun in cars and switched successfully to professional level motorcycle racing. All you young MOrons, there's a challenge for you!
FrankS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 11:51 AM   #3
gbrummett
Founding Member

Go Rossi!! Go Rossi!! Go Rossi!! Go Rossi!! Go Rossi!! Go Rossi!! Go Rossi!! Go Rossi!! Go Rossi!! Go Rossi!! Go Rossi!! Go Rossi!! Go Rossi!! Go Rossi!! Go Rossi!! Go Rossi!! Go Rossi!! Go Rossi!! Go Rossi!! Go Rossi!! Go Rossi!! Go Rossi!! Go Rossi!! Go Rossi!! Go Rossi!! Go Rossi!! Go Rossi!! Go Rossi!! Go Rossi!! Go Rossi!! Go Rossi!! Go Rossi!! Go Rossi!! Go Rossi!! Go Rossi!! Go Rossi!! Go Rossi!! Go Rossi!! Go Rossi!! Go Rossi!! Go Rossi!! Go Rossi!!
gbrummett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 11:07 PM   #4
Dangerousdave_2
Registered Member

Kenny Roberts,(I'm talking THE Kenny Roberts here) I think tried cars after doing about everything that could be done on motorcycles, and didn't have much sucess. Apparently, the challenges are more different than they appear on the surface. Good luck to him in whatever he does. Just keep Swede Savage in mind. He got killed at Indianapolis, after switching from motorcycles to cars.
Dangerousdave_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 03:36 AM   #5
Rsduce
Registered Member

Now I really hate Rossi!! He gets paid millions to race motorcycles and is the best in the world and now he will be driving for Ferrari!!! Bastard!!!!!!!!

Oops, I guess its back to anger management for me!

Rsduce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 09:31 AM   #6
bugz
Founding Member

A fair number of bikers have made the switch over the years. Don't forget Jeff Ward who switched twice! He made millions racing IRL after his moto career. Came in second at Indy a few years ago as I recall. Now Wardy is back to bikes.
bugz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 11:13 AM   #7
drthompson65
Founding Member

Rossi does race ralley on his off time unlike Biaggi who simply goes back to Monaco and chases tail. I hope he does to the jump. Can you imagine an Italian driver in a Ferrari? Wow the Italians will loose it. Think he'll be allowed number 46? Also if he does win the title I wonder if he'll do like in MotoGP.. Keep #46.

2004 Ducati 999 Mono Yellow (Wrecked May 06)
2006 Ducati 999S Mono Black (Replaced Wife June 06)

1972-2000 A collection of mini, dirt, and road bikes to vast too list..
drthompson65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 12:36 PM   #8
Brent_Meeker
Founding Member

A few years ago I saw an interview of riders at a Canadian road race. The interviewer asked each of several top riders if he would consider switching to car racing. The first guy he asked said, "I think cars would be easier. You don't fall down." The second guy said, "Sure! Car racers get paid a lot more money." Then he asked Steve Crevier, who was the current champion. Steve gave him an incredulous look, paused, and then said, "My MOTHER drives a car"
Brent_Meeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 10:54 PM   #9
xlr8r
Founding Member

John Surtees once said that the difference between car racing and bike racing was that in a car you needed to be able to put the car where you wanted it to be, to within an inch; and with bikes it was half an inch. Rossi should have no problems.
xlr8r is offline   Reply With Quote