Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 01-27-2006, 06:59 AM   #1
acecycleins
Founding Member

Default Re: Harley-Davidson worth more than GM!

First?!

He's right. But GMs problems are poor management, a disasterous pension plan, and unions that think they control the auto industry. Harley is a waaaaaay better organization than that.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-27-2006, 07:10 AM   #2
sarnali
Founding Member

Makes sense. Given the GM products I've owned over the years I'd rather have a Harley any day
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 08:32 AM   #3
maladg
Registered Member

For further insight into the long running GM fiasco, see Forbes.com. Click on Commentary & look for Jerry Flint. Flint is a long time auto industry analyst & serious car buff. Of course you could read just about anything by Brock Yates...all the way back to "Grosse Pointe Myopians".

Any Mofo's who are NYT online subscribers...well, lets just you keep that little embarrassment between yourself, Krugman & The Dowd.

maladg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 09:15 AM   #4
v4bryan
Registered Member

Perhaps GM should look into adding a line of armchaps and black tshirts...it's worked for others...

Bryan...aww, they'd probably just wind up overreaching by trying to patent the sound of the v-8...
v4bryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 09:17 AM   #5
sportbikebandit
Founding Member

At firist glance I thought about .com boom when AOL and Yahoo had unrealistic valuations... 200-500 P/E ratio...But HDs PE ratio is 15.96 which means it is actually undervalued...given the rule of thumb of 20 for most manufacturing companies... GM has Price/Loss ratio of 3... Man that's bad..You think the Government will bail them out like Chysler? Man I never should of sold my HD stock I guess. no no they are going out of business next year... when all the GPTB get hip replacements..

My last Chevy was the small Blazer what a lemmon. I sold it right after the warranty was up back during the SUV craze.. i.e. I got a good price..The thing was in the shop every 3 months for the 36,000 miles I owed it. When you turned on the air-conditioning or cd the horn would honk.. They never could fix that... LOL
sportbikebandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 09:19 AM   #6
sportbikebandit
Founding Member

Good stuff thanks
sportbikebandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 09:29 AM   #7
MudSlinger
Founding Member

Unions that think they control the indusrty? Are you aware that Harley Davidson employees are unionized. If companies treated their employees fairly, then unions wouldnt be needed. But as it stands, the large corporations view employees as a hinderence, not an asset. Have you noticed the income divide between the rich and poor recently? Have you noticed that that the middle class is in danger of collapsing? Are you secure in your job? Be careful what you say about the unions. They helped create the (endangered)middle class that you love so much.

P.S. The harley valuation over GM is rather old news.
Old 01-27-2006, 09:35 AM   #8
zarn02
Founding Member

so, yes. workers of the world unite! down with the bourgeoisie, power to the proletariate, and so on.
zarn02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 09:38 AM   #9
dan140
Registered Member

I'm amazed they came this far without going belly up. As far as I'm concerned they, just as Ford, have been producing sub-par products for many years...Drive a new or even better a three year old GM car back to back with a Toyota, VW, AUDI, BMW, Mercedes or Honda and you'll know what I mean...Concerning design, we all know it's a question of taste, but most new american cars simply put my feet to sleep! The others simply are better AND cooler and the american public is finally getting to the point where its seemingly endless patriotism is making way to plain common sense. Let's hope the same is true when the next election comes around!

Harley woke up in time when they started upgrading their technology to be at least reasonably close to par...but what really did it was the nice designs the've been coming up with.
dan140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 09:58 AM   #10
MudSlinger
Founding Member

Funny. My comments about (pro) union were pulled. Is the staff of MO just as brainwashed as the conservatives? I'm very dissapointed in this meager "publication".