Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 01-27-2006, 11:00 AM   #21
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Default Re: Harley-Davidson worth more than GM!

Man! You have been on a tear lately!

Brutal!
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-27-2006, 11:04 AM   #22
brandenw
Founding Member

Eh, if they're worth more than GM maybe they have the means to build something other than cruisers (not that cruisers are a bad thing, of course). Yeah, they have Buell, but I'd like to see even more steps to be unique by that company. Whether it's a different suspension system (i.e. RADD, Bimota Tesi 2D, or telelever) or maybe creating something really fun and insane (and no, I'm not talking about a 1 ton bike with an air-cooled v-8 that makes 100 horsepower ).

I'm wondering why I haven't seen any of the motorcycle companies build a 'streamlined' fully enclosed bike type thing with a fairing similar to the 'rifle' fairing that helps small displacement, high geared motorcycles get super-high miles per gallon. They could make a sport model (who wants to possibly break 200mph with a 600?), a sport touring model (integrated rear 'bags/trunk', ie goldwing/pacific coast.. just less ugly than the last one), and then super-high geared midget engine economy for people that actually use or want to use their motorcycles for transportation and for going to the store without getting 40 mpg on a bike when they can get that in a car.

Now that I have vented stupid idea 1a, I will move back to the subject.

Target all ages, especially younger buyers (I've seen more 'younger' riders on sport bikes than cruisers). And continue to aim toward people that won't live long enough to be repeat customers but have a lot of money.
brandenw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 11:05 AM   #23
brandenw
Founding Member

Can't argue with that one .
brandenw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 11:15 AM   #24
acecycleins
Founding Member

The basis of unionizing was to allow the employees to leverage the group as a whole for benefit of that group. Any person that belongs to a union has since lost their individuality. That may be fine for "the middle class" but isn't the point of being an American being individual. The fact that certain groups feel the "middle class" is a fading realism shows that those very people WILL NOT stand and be recognized for their own self worth. I AM THE MIDDLE CLASS. But I want to be the upper-class. That's why I own a business and that's why I employ people. I negotiate with those for their salaries and they are paid for their worthiness. If they are worthless they must go. But unions believe that the worthless (no matter the henderence of the corperation) must stay. That's BS cut and dry.
Old 01-27-2006, 11:16 AM   #25
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Default Re: Bring back the Harley Hummer!

..or the 125 that looked like an old DKW. That'll grab 'em...
Old 01-27-2006, 11:17 AM   #26
The_Aerodynamic_Head
Founding Member

Default Amen!

My 2003 Road King was WAY better in performance and build quality than my current 1978 Cadillac Eldorado!
Old 01-27-2006, 11:45 AM   #27
sportbikebandit
Founding Member

"Eh, if they're worth more than GM maybe they have the means to build something other than cruisers ... Buell.. " Excellent Point. With all that cash they could buy/build a great motor for the Buell..
sportbikebandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 11:46 AM   #28
teknoman
Registered Member

Yep ,my POS chevy tracker is just now three yrs old, but I'm going to have to replace the wiper blades[3] and mind you,I LIVE IN THE DESERT where it rains maybe 4inches a year!Piece of crap suv.Just be thankful they don,t make bikes.
teknoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 11:51 AM   #29
electraglider_1997
Registered Member

Cheaper as in Junk. We own a Toyota Prius, Plymouth Voyager minivan, Harley, Buell, Honda, and a Yamaha. I've never owned a GM vehicle and anytime I've ridden in one I can't believe what criapola they are. It's no wonder they are in dire straits. I'll never buy another Chrysler product either. Not as bad as GM but not as good as Toyota. Can you believe that the engine on the minivan is such that you have to take it in to have the rear 3 plugs changed. BUllshiite.
electraglider_1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 11:53 AM   #30
electraglider_1997
Registered Member

Hey longrider. What exactly is wrong with being open minded. Isn't that the definition of "liberal". You may ride Harleys but you are still a dumbarse in my book.
electraglider_1997 is offline   Reply With Quote