Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 01-27-2006, 10:09 AM   #11
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Default Re: Harley-Davidson worth more than GM!

Oh for god's sake, have you just gotten here? MO doesn't pull comments like that. The damn thing is right were you left it; right under acecycleins's post. Someone even replied.

Good loord, everyone is just itchin' to *****. Put on some thermals and get on your damn bike.
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-27-2006, 10:11 AM   #12
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

That's "itchin' to b!tch", the filter didn't grab it last time someone used it. Figured it was a safe word.

Old 01-27-2006, 10:13 AM   #13
acecycleins
Founding Member

Did I say that HD wasn't unionized? NO- I said GM has bad management and poor decision making. As far as unions go, however, people that work for big auto or m/c manufactures tend to forget that they work for the manufacturer not the union. Furthermore, your assertion that corperations think of employees are a hinderence might as well label you as a left-wing liberal with no real idea how free commerce works. Case in point, most of the Japanese owned plants that operate in America ARE NOT unionized and you don't here employees whining like UAW members do. Want further evidence, Delta about bought the farm because (highly trained) airline pilots thought that it would be better to walk (virtually ending Delta) rather than trying to find a solution. Eastern Airlines died because of union behavior. Not for any other reason.
Old 01-27-2006, 10:13 AM   #14
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Or maybe you comments did disappear briefly and it was on one of it's many Union brakes...

I'm kidding. Don't flame me for that one!
Old 01-27-2006, 10:35 AM   #15
MudSlinger
Founding Member

You are correct about the Japanese and European manufacturers in the US are not unionized. They are in the poor south where the laws make it very difficult to organize. Delta, okay I give you that, but it's still poor management high up. So how do you respond to SouthWest airlines. The most profitable airline in the U.S., and they're all Teamsters! Hmm.

Calling me a liberal is a compliment, and I do understand free commerce in this country. Unfortunately, the corporations have bought Washington, and they are allowed to do as they please. Ownership society is complete B.S. it's going to break the back of middle class. Dems may tax and spend, but the GOP just deficit spends. Long live the worthless dollar!
Old 01-27-2006, 10:45 AM   #16
Tigercub
Founding Member

Case in point, most of the Japanese owned plants that operate in America ARE NOT unionized and you don't here employees whining like UAW members do. Want further evidence, Delta about bought the farm because (highly trained) airline pilots thought that it would be better to walk (virtually ending Delta) rather than trying to find a solution. Eastern Airlines died because of union behavior. Not for any other reason.

Japanese companys work with unions too. Their employees are younger than Ford or GM and aren't locked into expensive pension and benefit contracts. You don't hear the employees whining, because they have no union to speak for them. Airlines fail because the industry is deregulated and highly competitive. The line about how the unions are destroying an Airline is hogwash.
Tigercub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 10:47 AM   #17
brandenw
Founding Member

People are just itching for conspiracy and an excuse to complain about being discriminated against..

This post disappeared! Oh wait, I still writing it, and you're still reading it.. hmm..

Must be one of those brain-washed conservatives.......

Probably just a case of "where did I post it?" syndrom.
brandenw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 10:51 AM   #18
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

We can all be assured the liberals aren't brainwashed. That process would require a brain.
Old 01-27-2006, 10:52 AM   #19
Tigercub
Founding Member

the american public is finally getting to the point where its seemingly endless patriotism is making way to plain common sense.

I haven't run into anyone who buys American just to buy American. In fact 90% of the parts on our Toyota are American made and the car itself is assembled here. Our Ford has fewer American made parts and is assembled in Canada.

Plus the Ford and GM cars are usually cheaper than the Jap cars.
Tigercub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 10:59 AM   #20
03zx12r
Registered Member

Ok guys. We all know GM has some real quality issues, but that should NEVER make anyone say he would take a harley over a GM product. Fact is this - all mass produced products do have issues - and Harley has them too. I hope you all are smarter than allowing your self to be seen riding a Harley.
03zx12r is offline   Reply With Quote