Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 01-28-2006, 08:09 PM   #101
DougandCarol
Founding Member

Default Re: Harley-Davidson worth more than GM!

My 02 VW Jetta has been back for warranty repairs eight times now. The window clips keep breaking, the windshield washer nozzles malfunction and it has eaten 5 glow plugs to date. Assembly outsourced from Germany to Mexico.

The pistons on my 03 Warrior have eaten the cylinder lining to the point that the bike vibrates so bad it can't be ridden. My Yamaha dealer is telling me that pistons are a disposable/user replaceable part and I'm out of luck.

In short, software I use to write was outsourced to India; to a guy who WAS paid $20K a year. Now I hear he is too expensive so his job is being outsourced to Romania.

My truth is that we all lived a very easy life and have gotten way to greedy with "Corporate America" leading the way. Mr. Lee Iococca was still pulling down 1 plus mil during and through the late 70's bailout. How responsible was he and his decisions for ChryslerÂ’s problems in the first place? A LOT!!!

DougandCarol is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-28-2006, 09:17 PM   #102
m_t_yeo
Founding Member

Yeah, that's comparable.

Clinton - sex.

Dubya - illegal war, lying to congress, spying on his own people, rewriting or ignoring laws that are inconvenient, cheating on two straight elections, arranging for torture while claiming to be a moral man, etc.

The congressional Reps. are starting to sound a heck of a lot like Democrats because they know damn well their jobs are on the line because of Dubya's BS - or didn't you see those polls showing the slide of Dubya's popularity? Mid-term elections are coming and the rats are starting to leave a sinking ship.

Remember, Dubya only gets a free pass while the Reps control both houses. They lose even one and there will be investigation after investigation rammed through and Dubya's days of re-interpreting laws to make illegal actions legal will be over.
m_t_yeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 09:54 PM   #103
m_t_yeo
Founding Member

Default Re: She's a bright one..

She recently praised Canada for electing a right-wing government in our recent election, citing it as an example of common-sense Canadians finally seeing the light. O'Reilly was peeing himself with delight, too.

Uh, only 36% of the electorate voted for the Conservatives, Ann, meaning 64% voted for one of the three leftist parties on the ballot. When polled, 56% of the people who voted Conservative said they voted for the party simply to get the corrupt Liberals out of power and not because they supported the Conservative Party's platform. The Conservatives can't even enact legislation because the three leftist parties are talking about working together, meaning there would be a leftist coalition government ... not a Conservative minority government.

Don't confuse her with facts, though. I had a field day with Slander (her book). If I had a buck for everything in that book she either made up (some), misrepresented (most), or took out of context (bits), I would be a rich man. Her editor is either incompetent or has so bought into her BS that he just stopped bothering to check her facts. I couldn't believe that book made the shelves with so many inaccuracies, shall we say.
m_t_yeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 05:21 AM   #104
bigdx
Founding Member

Lol - Washington as seen from the view an uneducated Alaskan oil monkey.

It scares me to think that that individuals like you are allowed to breed. My seven year old has a better grasp of reality than you have.

bigdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 05:32 AM   #105
bigdx
Founding Member

"Finland beats the US on every [measurable] statistic"

Really? So how come the US has GDP of $ 12,370,000,000,000 and Finland a GDP of only $ 158,400,000,000, less than counties like Venezuela and South Africa?
Old 01-29-2006, 06:29 AM   #106
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Ok everyone, we beat the Union topic to death.

Let's pick some topics we can ALL agree on: Abortion and Global Warming!

Enjoy!

I'm stepping out to go ride in rainy 45 degree weather.
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 06:58 AM   #107
ikonoklass
Founding Member

Of course a Finnish businessman can't outsource .... Who the else speaks Finnish?
Old 01-29-2006, 08:30 AM   #108
sarnali
Founding Member

I'm with you. I hate this kind of bullchit. Used to be KP doing the thread hijacking and politics, now looks like a few more ****less wonders have jumped on board. What a waste of time.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 11:48 AM   #109
sportbikebandit
Founding Member

Wow that was impressive intelligent response.. Hey bigdrk. Stop watching Fox and get your head out your butt.

No WMD

No Connectiion between 9/11 and Iraq.

No Real democracy

$500 billion wasted

2000 + lives wasted

Bush lied soldiers died..

sportbikebandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 05:05 PM   #110
bigdx
Founding Member

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz