Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 01-27-2006, 06:55 AM   #71
v4bryan
Registered Member

Default Re: XBRR Not Legal for FX?

yeah, so they say. But if that was true, and most VRod owners knew the history of the VR1000, they wouldn't throw a leg over it without wearing Kevlar underwear for when the engine grenades.

Bryan...Porche had more than *slight* input on that engine...
v4bryan is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-27-2006, 07:29 AM   #72
fastoldman
Founding Member

Default Did you read that on a t-shirt? How clever.

Ah, the intellectual level of a 15 year old boy. I do miss high school.

I was seriously trying to provoke some soul-searching on your part, and this stupid anonymous bully persona is all you can come up with? You should be careful how your address your superiors.

I will restate: look at my posts. I never start crap, I just respond to fools who spew idiocy first. You might take a note.

I don't care whether you missed me. If you can't do better than juvenile putdowns, and you've never shown the ability to do otherwise, I'm not going anywhere punk.
fastoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 07:33 AM   #73
fastoldman
Founding Member

Default Re: Roughly comparable

I'm working on it. I try to supply good, equitable jobs.

My response to you is substantively different than to Longride; don't think I intend offense the way I do to him. You show much more intelligence. You are challenging; longride just grabs his online crotch.

So, seriously, why is that statistic so bogus? I could use the counterargument.
Old 01-27-2006, 07:33 AM   #74
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: Did you read that on a t-shirt? How clever.

Never started a thing? Well so far I haven't said ***** to you, but somehow you have something to say to me with every post. Maybe you need to quit worrying about me so much and worry about yourself lots more. I was real nice up to this point, but that won't be the case in the future. Just a warning. I don't need your advice on how to act.
Old 01-27-2006, 07:43 AM   #75
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: Did you read that on a t-shirt? How clever.

Just want to let you know I'm nowhere near anonymous. Everyone on this site knows my name, where I live, what I look like, my email address, and I'm not real hard to find. Nobody knows a thing about you. Post up your mail address and home address big man. You sound pretty tough behind that keyboard.
Old 01-27-2006, 09:03 AM   #76
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Because a politician made it up!

Seriously that number is sold old it's got hair. It's made up of a lot of variables all lumped together to look scary.

For example, 20 somethings who just choose not to purchase their own insurance because they are invincible. Illegal aliens who utlilize hospital emergency rooms are included in it. People transitioning between jobs are included in it.

Go on a site like ehealthinsurance.com and plug in some variables and you'll see health insurance isn't as frightening as it's made out to be.

The fact of the matter is a lot of people are just too damn lazy or want to spend money on cigarettes and booze when they could buy a policy for less than $100 a month.

I employ 25 people and pay all their insurance.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 09:04 AM   #77
sportbikebandit
Founding Member

Default Easy longride.

Easy longride... I don't want you be banned from MO for physical threatening someone... You make a good point about my closed mindedness...I actually love all motorcycles. I just want HD which is worth more than GM to kick some butt with all of their profits...The Buell is a great platform that deserves a state of art V-Twin.. and yes I am jealous of your stable of bikes..and your motorcycle knowledge...
sportbikebandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 11:24 AM   #78
johnnyb
Founding Member

KICK ALL THERE FUGGIN' ASSES LONGRIDE MAN!!
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 03:11 AM   #79
bollert
Registered Member

XB was designed as a streetbike, and people who buy them (like me) are probably tired of the inline 4 as a street engine and wanted more personality, sound, low-end torque, etc. I think Buell could reconcile and sell the 1200 motor as a street motor, but I also think that they realize that the "win on Sunday sell on Monday" concept could help them sell bikes too, so they are taking a serious stab at it, but I'd also bet that Erik realizes his motor is not a great race motor in the current age and that they are feverishly working on a new motor. I predict they are just buying time and that a new motor will arrive sooner than later.
bollert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 12:10 PM   #80
fastoldman
Founding Member

Thanks for the information (I will continue to process) and I applaud your paying 100% of your employees insurance. Seriously admirable.

Now how the hell did we get on this in the first place?