Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 01-27-2006, 05:40 AM   #61
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: Dearth Longride

Not at all, I like a lot of different bikes, the Buell is one of them. I rode it, it was fun so I'm down with Buell. The fact is, I'm almost 50, While I love sportbikes and have owned a dozen or so of different makes, I no longer feel the need to prove anything to myself or anyone else. Sport 1000's and 600's eclipsed my riding abilities a long time ago so the performance is wasted on me. While I appreciate the performance and suspension, braking and handling on new cutting edge bikes, I also appreciate seeing a dinosaur like the Sporty mill in a cutting edge chassis.

The fact is I and most of my friends feel that the Buell is what the Sportster should have become instead of getting stuck in some burger barn time warp. Keep the current Sportster and call it a Roadster or something but let the Sportster name go back to what it started as, Harley's performance bike. The Buell Lightning would be the XLH, the Forebolt would become the XLCH.

Not really a GPTB thing, merely the cumulative wisdom of spending my entire life on and around motorcycles. The Dyna I have now is a fun bike, with the few mods I've done it runs great, is comfortable and pleasin' to the eyes. Hopefully it won't be the last bike I buy but it's fun for what it is. It doesn't mean I'm going to forsake every other type of bike and tattoo HD on my forehead, but it is a great deal of fun.

sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-27-2006, 05:46 AM   #62
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

I rode Triumph's for many years. Also rode a Norton, Suzuki, Kawasaki, Yamaha, Honda, Guzzi, BSA, Hodaka, Maico, CZ, and Laverda. As you know, I currently have a Busa along with a few H-D's thrown in for good measure. You talk about being open-minded, but when it comes right down to it, you are the most closed-minded, one-track mind on the board. You can't seem to stomach any way of thinking, or riding but your way.
Old 01-27-2006, 06:08 AM   #63
fastoldman
Founding Member

Default Re: Roughly comparable

You got any data, old man? Or is this another Fox alert? If you can prove that statement, I'd love to see it and I would change my tune. Until then, though, I think it's a pile of crap. A few anecdotes doth not an argument make.

Wealthy folks all over the world come to the US for high end medical care. That doesn't change the fact that almost 1/7 of American citizens have no health care coverage at all, which effectively means they can't get any medical care, much less the high end. If you want to argue that that is the way it should be, go right ahead. I think it's a purely evil, un-Christian argument, but you're welcome to it. Just don't claim that a country that does a better job of providing care for all of its citizens actually doesn't have a good system.

Health care for the wealthy is un-American, I don't mind saying. And, yes, I am the wealthy. And, yes, it makes me feel like ***** that I have so many advantages solely due to my wealth. I work for positive change, so I and my offspring don't get called to some leftie mob's sense of justice like Marie Antoinette. Which I firmly believe will come if the inequities aren't balanced out.

I'm out.
fastoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 06:12 AM   #64
fastoldman
Founding Member

Looked in the mirror lately, bud?
Old 01-27-2006, 06:16 AM   #65
fastoldman
Founding Member

Default Re: Don't get me wrong Blake

I've ridden one. Yes, very much fun. But who can't help and ponder what it would be like if our fillings weren't being rattled out at every stop light? Is that so much to ask.

That said, I give not one teeny tiny ***** about race results. Buell makes a great street bike, but it could be better with a modern engine. Why not a nice little counterbalanced modern 75 or 60 degree twin? Why not a good old air-cooled 90? I don't understand why I have to choose between Ducati's lack of street ease and Buell's shake, rattle and roll.
Old 01-27-2006, 06:42 AM   #66
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Old man?

I'm not going to turn this into a health insurance discussion site. I don't know what FOX news has to do with anything. I spent 12 years consulting with group practices and hospitals all over the US so I'm fairly well-versed in the health care field with respect to the business side of things.

By the way, that oft-repeated "40 million uninsured" by the media is about the most bogus statistic there is.

If you're so guilty about being wealthy, find some poor families in your area and buy them some health insurance.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 07:33 AM   #67
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Yeah, I have. I think I see your Daddy. Maybe time for another 'self-imposed' exile? Nobody missed you the first time.
Old 01-27-2006, 07:36 AM   #68
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

"If you're so guilty about being wealthy, find some poor families in your area and buy them some health insurance. "

That would mean he would actually have to do something instead of cry about it? I think he got 2 Daddy's now.
Old 01-27-2006, 07:44 AM   #69
v4bryan
Registered Member

Default I can't forsee a problem

...since the AMA has been wetting itself to get an American manufacturer involved in AMA racing (again). I suspect that that this time, they made sure they wouldn't have to break the rules to enter-no matter how loosely interpreted they are.

Bryan...it would be nice to see an American bike competitive for a change, tho'...
v4bryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 07:51 AM   #70
v4bryan
Registered Member

Default Which is it?

The engine is sucky and inferior, but by all means race the damn thing. It's like golf: non-inferior players don't need the handicap...duffers (and air cooled pushrods) do.

Bryan...any other easy questions you can't figure out?
v4bryan is offline   Reply With Quote