Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (
-   Paranoid News Clips (
-   -   XBRR Not Legal for FX? (

Dixit 01-25-2006 04:31 PM

Re: XBRR Not Legal for FX?
I don't know all the rules but one item on the XBRR that did not start on the street XB is the 8 pistons caliper on the front brake. Is this allowed?

Buzglyd 01-25-2006 04:47 PM

Well ol' KP isn't smart enough to realize that even in MotoGP weight restrictions are placed on bikes with more cylinders.

What would happen to his beloved I4s if a 1000cc V6 was allowed to compete in Superbike racing?

sportbikebandit 01-25-2006 06:01 PM

Psuedo science bable guys. The Buell engine is a relic and can only compete with a cc advantage. Doubt we will be seeing a Buell in MotoGP or WSBK boys You psuedo science guys crack me up...Even with your "special" ratio the Buell has an advantage..Too much Fox News eh Buz...Yep no global warming (even though the EPA and NOAA both have evidence of the contary... Or how about this one near and dear to Buz's heart "Private health insurance companies have lower overhead costs than Medicare" Stop watching OReally and watch the Dicovery Channels, PBS, History Channel etc..

sportbikebandit 01-25-2006 06:31 PM

Huh? Do some research Even Harley knew (VR1000)
Do me a favor do go to the SAE website and do some research...Do a search on your "ratio" and read what it says the ratio is used to measure ring expansion due to heat..... Bottom line Harley/Buell V-Twin is a relic...Bad Power to Displacement ratio..Low Revs.. Even Harley raced a water cooled V-Twin in super bike right? VR1000

sportbikebandit 01-25-2006 06:33 PM

Re: Race a Busa or ZX14?
Maybe Maybe not . I think on the Daytona track a Busa would be super fast and super dangerous. Yep better leave it to the 600s to kick your Buell's tail...:)

sportbikebandit 01-25-2006 06:37 PM

Do a search on the Society of Automobile Engineers (SAE) website for "dynamic displacement".. Funny how it's not used as a standard for measuring performance like horsepower and torque...but rather piston ring expansion due to heat. Yep keep watching that NASCAR stuff on Fox Blake and Buz

sportbikebandit 01-25-2006 06:57 PM

Best Post here..

sportbikebandit 01-25-2006 07:02 PM

Don't get me wrong Blake
I love everything about the Buell except the engine.. Probably 90% of the motorcycle press would agree with me.. Buell needs an engine designed from a clean sheet of paper not Harley hand me downs... Think VR1000 not Sportster 883

The AMA should be pushing Buell not the other way around.. i.e. America can do better we don't need a handicap...

like the badweather site

eekadog 01-25-2006 07:49 PM

seems a little silly to me...

longride 01-26-2006 02:08 AM

The AMA has to let is race or risk JBurns having a massive heart attack. Then they would have JB's passing on their hands and where would we be then? If they went to all the trouble of making it, you all know damn well it's going to race. Relax JB.