Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 01-13-2006, 05:47 PM   #1
obandoj
Founding Member

Default Re: Motorcycle Industry Council joins forces to keep OHV use open in Nat'l Parks.

This is great news, somebody has to keep the Eco-Radicals in check, otherwise they will get away with taking our right to use the great outdoors, with the pretext that is being saved for future generations, and that my friends is a great crock of *&#*!
obandoj is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-14-2006, 06:35 AM   #2
m_t_yeo
Founding Member

Default Re: Motorcycle Industry Council joins forces to keep OHV use open in Nat'l Parks.

Seriously, talk to someone with some education in biology, forestry or environmental science. Over 99% of the USA's forests have disappeared in the last 200 years, virtually all of that in the past 50. Even the lumber industry, kings of the clear cut, have had to resort to managed forests that they own in order to ensure a reliable supply of lumber.

Just keep those blinders on, obandoj.

In the meantime, we Canadians will just keep in piping down water, lumber, natural gas and oil to feed the hungry beast to the south.
m_t_yeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 07:49 AM   #3
obandoj
Founding Member

Responsible use of stablished trails is not the problem, uncontrolled growth, deforestation, polution and littering are the main culprits, any way, what are your credentials?

By the way, I spend lots of time in the great outdoors, respecting, admiring and cleaning the #*&@ that lots of irresponsible morons leave out there, and yes, I should be allowed to use MY land!

Please stay in the frozen nord.
Old 01-14-2006, 08:00 AM   #4
obandoj
Founding Member

Default Re: No Vehicles in Nat'l Parks.

You do not take into consideration that some of us have health problems and physical handicaps, that make hiking and pedaling impossible, so as far as you are concerned, we should be punished for something that is beyond our control and just stay home, right?

Well, that is not going to happen, I use stablished trails in a very responsible manner, so that I can enjoy the same natural beauty and serenity that you enjoy, And I do.

By the way, I love and respect nature a lot more than some Sierra Club jerks who never get out there to enjoy and marvel.
Old 01-14-2006, 08:37 AM   #5
m_t_yeo
Founding Member

You pick up the stuff left behind by others and you can't understand why ORV use is being banned? As you have seen first hand, very few people in the world are as responsible as you are.

Your land? What an absurd notion. Ownership is a human invention and will die with humanity. Long after we are dead and dust, life will continue to chug away without any regard for anything humanity ever created. Do you think bacteria and virii consult the local authorities before they cross the boundary to "your" land? What about birds? Insects? Stick up all the fences and walls you want - you can't keep nature from ignoring our attempts to 'own' this planet.

Want a perfect example? Look at an abandoned lot and wait to see how long it is before grass starts breaking through the ashpalt. One summer or two is all you will get before nature starts to relclaim its own.

As for credentials ... I worked in the Canadian Lumber industry for half a decade, buying and selling lumber up and down the east coast of both Canada and the US. I've seen the managed forests and the companies who didn't set them up in the 70s dying for lack of quality lumber trees to sell. I've been told to my face by lumber buyers in the US that they can't find US lumber of the same quality as Canadian lumber because the US industry wiped out the forests without regard to the future. I bought lumber in Quebec and Ontario, turned around and sold in the US for sometimes as high as 3 to 4 times what it would have fetched in Canada. Want to know where people are overusing their resources? Look to who is paying the most money.
Old 01-14-2006, 08:42 AM   #6
ratso4744
Founding Member

Arches has not been destroyed and these whacko evirofreaks need to understand that National Parks should be for the general public use not just for the arrogant ****heads who try to ban hunting, dirt bikes, mountain bikes, atvs and horses from national parks and forests. This is America and almost 50% of the West is public land that these piles of spit want to make off limits to most forms of recreation, logging , mining, etc.
Old 01-14-2006, 08:45 AM   #7
ratso4744
Founding Member

The comment that 99% of America's forests are gone is a flat out lie and anyone who posts such drivel is a liar. Come out to Oregon and check out the forests..we have so damn many trees that you can't see the forest for them. Anyone have a new rope?
Old 01-14-2006, 08:51 AM   #8
TomSmith
Founding Member

Default Re: No Vehicles in Nat'l Parks.

Not only that, but PEOPLE should be barred. I'm thinking all Sierra Club members for starters. After all, they breath out Carbon Dioxide (increasing global warming), they walk all over the forest floor, and what about leaving their germ-filled crap.

Maybe hiking across Death Valley in midsummer and walking across Donner Summit in midwinter should be mandatory for Sierra Clubbers. They should be limited to what they can carry, carry everything out, and not allowed to despoil the places by using any natural resources like water. To be a real natural experience, they should dress in all wool like the folks in the 1800's did, and not be allowed GPSes. The trips should be a mandatory annual trek.
TomSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 09:13 AM   #9
m_t_yeo
Founding Member

Why do you think the National Parks were created in the first place? To conserve nature that was already dwindling alarmingly enough that a previous generation thought it necessary to carve out slices of it and restrict access to it in order to keep it around.

It wasn't for 'general public use' at all.
Old 01-14-2006, 09:16 AM   #10
m_t_yeo
Founding Member

Oregon is not NYC or Philadelphia or LA.

The eastern seaboard used to be 100% forest as far as the eye could see. It isn't now, is it?