Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 12-07-2005, 07:04 PM   #11
Tomas_P
Founding Member

Default Re: Euro Licensing Model Meets Resistance For Now.

I don't want ANYTHING from the corrupt euro nanny-state in America. Nothing! Europe is in terminal decline. It has no future whatsoever. Emulating their government-by-elites system would be a profound mistake.

We are going to have to fight the EPA as well. If they could, they would destroy motorcycling as we know it and find much satisfaction in doing so. Under the banner of moral superiority... the religion of environmentalism.
Tomas_P is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-08-2005, 12:07 AM   #12
Gluge
Registered Member

Default one word - LAME!

We don't need more arbitrary crap laws in our lovely 'free world' what we need is people that take resposibility for themselves! People with brains!

You can't legislate away stupidity.

I find it pretty F***'n hillarious that people that ride motorcycles are considered such a danger that we need a graduated licence system, yet people that drive cars don't when it's pretty ovious the car is much more dangrous to everyone except the driver.

And don't even say we should have graduated licence system to protect motorcyclist from themselves. It's NOT the laws place to protect us from ourselves. Just look all the states that don't require helemts.

Your trying to tell me we should think about having a graduated licence system when we don't even have helemt laws in all the states?

21, 24... screw that you should be able to get whatever you want by the time you can get drafted into the army. Who comes up with these BS arbitrary ages??
#867 Barrett Meeker Racing
Gaerne - Regina - Shoei - Bridgestone
-----------
Supervisor - Blur Studio

Endorsed by Longride - "Of course your points are unarguable. You are the smartest guy in the whole world ... What you really taught me is how little I really know about motorcycles and how much you know. Yes, you are the best and the smartest."
Gluge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 12:34 AM   #13
Gluge
Registered Member

Default Start dirty.

Do your son a favor, start him off with a dirt bike. When he is sufficent in the dirt he will be much better prepared for the street.
#867 Barrett Meeker Racing
Gaerne - Regina - Shoei - Bridgestone
-----------
Supervisor - Blur Studio

Endorsed by Longride - "Of course your points are unarguable. You are the smartest guy in the whole world ... What you really taught me is how little I really know about motorcycles and how much you know. Yes, you are the best and the smartest."
Gluge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 01:47 AM   #14
cptaebphd
Founding Member

...and to complete our nirvana, we must surrender our bikes (the "means" of motorcycling) to the govt for redistribution according to our abilities/needs. No need to worry, the govt will surely whither away once we to love each other...
cptaebphd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 02:39 AM   #15
KLRer
Founding Member

Default Re: Euro Licensing Model---Proposed EPA Restrictions

I'll be waiting to hear about those dangerously restrictive EPA regulations.. I mean the gang we've got in Washington now wants to drill for oil in pristine national parks--hard to imagine them doing anything to step on any industry toes, even the MC industry. Hell, were even free to eat tainted meat with this crew in charge.
KLRer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 02:47 AM   #16
eddyline
Founding Member

Government-by-elites...hmmmm...something about that sounds familiar....

It's all collectivism, even here. "Do it for the children." "Do it for the country/nation/people/Volk". "Do it for the poor." "Do it for(insert your favorite deity here)." And if ya don't, we'll come after your money! H3ll, we'll come after that anyway!
eddyline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 04:59 AM   #17
m_t_yeo
Founding Member

You live in Americuh, the land of less than 10% union jobs, offshoring, tax evasion, purchased elections and corporate corruption ... and that also sports the biggest gap between rich and poor in the world. I think the closet commies from Europe are the last people you need to worry about.

Welcome to the United States of Wal-Mart is more like it.

m_t_yeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 05:04 AM   #18
m_t_yeo
Founding Member

Odd, that. All this talk about collectivism when for the entirety of human existence we have lived in tribes, communitites or families. I don't understand it at all.
Old 12-08-2005, 05:15 AM   #19
m_t_yeo
Founding Member

Fighting the EPA is easy; Reagan more or less killed it in the 80s.

Besides, "destroying motorcycling as we know it" is a bit of hyperbole. Fuels will change, so the internal combustion engine will change or even disappear, but that doesn't mean motorcycling will stop altogether. Or is it that you are so tied to the vroom-vroom that you wouldn't ride a motorcycle that might be more or less silent? In the end, it doesn't matter what comes out of the tailpipe (water or normal exhaust) as long as you butt is in the saddle, right?
Old 12-08-2005, 05:18 AM   #20
teknoman
Registered Member

I have worked in the federal government since 1994 and all I can say is NO.NO.NO.!!!you don,t want this,whateversounds nice on paper,by the time the oligarchy gets thru with it,it will look like nothing it started out as,will be laden with all sorts of superfluous ancillary ideas[i.e pork],and cost tax dollars to implement! I know of what I speak.Just more chipping away of our illusions of freedom in a " free society"[hah!]
teknoman is offline   Reply With Quote