Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 12-02-2005, 04:41 PM   #1
sv1000rider
Founding Member

Default Re: On a lighter note...

Hey the robot could also be fitted with a breathalyzer to cut you off when your BAC gets too high! And if they can make a good Long Island Iced Tea, I'm all for it!
sv1000rider is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-02-2005, 04:48 PM   #2
FrankGrimes
Founding Member

How long till they make a mini verision for the glovebox?
FrankGrimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 05:12 PM   #3
Fenton
Founding Member

My job is safe, you can't teach a robot to check MO every couple of hours. The robot is over qualified for the rest of my day.
Fenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 06:39 PM   #4
The_Aerodynamic_Head
Founding Member

Default I, Robot

It displays a man or woman's face (your choice)? This would fool exactly the same demographic that thinks Civics are faster with wings on back. No, no, I want Robbie saying "Danger, Will Robinson!" during the entire process. When the drink is presented, I want "We are the BAR, you will ingest this tasty intoxicant...Resistance is futile." Because really, 12 to 14 seconds is enough to be slightly-funny-to-mildly-irritating, no more. The best and most natural thing of all is to bring back Max Headroom. Also, the video for Dire Straights' Money for Nothing could be constantly played on request as a screen-in-screen feature.

You can't flirt with it?! WTF lame-O kind of defense is THAT, Mr. Trendy NYC Club Owner? Who really believes that flirting with a female, working a bar, in New York is gonna get you laid?! Please refer to faster Civics, above. HAL9000 also can't water your drink if it doesn't like the look of you. It can't tell you your party is too big to sit at the bar, or be a surly b17ch if it's boyfried just walked in with a new slimline toaster.

Why is no one building robots to do the crappy grunt work of restaurants and bars? Surely, robots could save money in the kitchen and cleanup arenas, and bring virtually every establishment in the nation into compliance with current immigration law. Or will illegal hispanics still be the dishwashers and bus-boys? I know someone out there is prepared to argue that we can't credibly control our borders on the basis that there are jobs robots just won't take.

What do you do if the barkeep offers you your choice of red drink or blue drink? Which drink do you take? And if we do this with bartenders, do we have to bring back Peter Weller and Maximilian (from Disney's Black Hole) to be bouncers?
Old 12-03-2005, 03:46 AM   #5
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

At least I won't have to tip the damned thing!
Old 12-03-2005, 05:41 AM   #6
acecycleins
Founding Member

The job of a good bartender is to make the customer feel as if they are being properly attended too. I want my drinks a little strong and will tip generously for this service. Think robo-tender will do this for me??????
Old 12-03-2005, 06:35 PM   #7
DougandCarol
Founding Member

So I'm guessing my drink will be delivered by a vacuum delivery system like the banks use. The canister would have a picture of a leggy waitress or buff waiter...patronÂ’s choice?
DougandCarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 06:37 PM   #8
DougandCarol
Founding Member

Unless you want cleaning solution in your next drink!
DougandCarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 07:38 PM   #9
macmanjim
Founding Member

Where I grew up, we just called it an Iced Tea...

2009 R1200RT

My Motorrad
macmanjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 06:30 AM   #10
paul_from_Minnesota
Registered Member

Gosh! The future! At the risk of sounding cynical...

Most days at work, after saving one more robot from taking a "dump" (whoever said they don't need bathroom breaks has never worked with one) I travel to my breakroom where a faceless yet attractive machine I believe they call a "vending" machine, gives me the choice of about 18 different coffee or hot chocolate mixtures at the push of a button. Fast, efficient and not that bad. I must say though, the barista at my neighborhood Starbucks/Caribou is far more fun to talk to or ogle at.

So tell me, what is new here?

paul from Minnesota