Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 02-07-2001, 09:22 AM   #1
gerrygrande
Founding Member

Default Re: AHRMA Schedule 2001

Thanks Danielle for the info. Maybe a calender of the yearly events on a clickable icon would be a good addition to this site!

gerrygrande is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-07-2001, 09:51 AM   #2
MoMo
Founding Member

Default you forgot to say first post

MoMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2001, 12:28 PM   #3
xmike5
Founding Member

Default Re: AHRMA Schedule 2001

Yes, sir!
xmike5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2001, 08:10 PM   #4
jng
Founding Member

Default Re: Anybody know where to find a good 2001 600 comparison?

British Moto Magazine "Bike" has their 2001 600 comparison out on the newstands at any Borders or Barnes and Noble. And unlike MO, you can read it sitting on one of their couches and don't have to pay for it!
jng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2001, 08:14 PM   #5
jng
Founding Member

Default LOYAL READER TURNED AGAINST MO!

I have been a supporter for a while of MO, and been generally positive in my posts regarding MO. I even said that I would subscribe initially. But this last week has now changed my mind completely, especially with the WAY TOO LONG DELAY of the 600 shoutout. The preview tactics have gone over the edge now, and with this new development of MO REMOVING POSTS from the message boards (check out the observant and smart post by Shaft on the 929 Clutch Basket story), has COMPLETELY TURNED ME AGAINST MO. I would now never subscribe and I think it was a very poor decision to have so much feedback from everyone on your subscription model. Reading through those, most are mindless flames, but some do make good arguments that there are alternatives to MO.

I found a few new moto news sites that I never visited before and now am satiated by the additional content - so much so that I no longer am interested in MO with your delays and stupid tactics to drive up traffic.

You all want a 600 comparison? Go pick up the latest issue of the British Bike rags (like "Bike") - they already have their fully comprehensive 600 shootouts published and on the newstands at any Borders or Barnes and Noble. And unlike MO in a few weeks, you can read it for free sitting on one of their couches!

Brent, to follow up on a previous intelligent post by someone who understands marketing and PR - you drew this out too long and managed it very poorly and did tremendous damage to your "good will" with your loyalists. I think the result is that you are now turning away some (maybe a lot) of those initial supporters for the subscription plan. The Good Book does say that "Pride comes before a fall..."

Furthermore, you really did screw up by not selling out during the late 90's Internet euphoria and should now be enjoying your umbrella drinks somewhere else. I feel that your idea once worth millions is now destined to go the way of so many initially good Internet ideas (Cycleshark.com, et al) - down the drain. I really feel for you - I got the shaft at an Internet related company that went south and still owe me well into 6 figures of compensation. But, not everybody wins at the risk/reward craps table!

Best of luck with your new careers!
jng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2001, 06:33 AM   #6
gerrygrande
Founding Member

Default Re: you forgot to say first post

It goes without saying!
gerrygrande is offline   Reply With Quote