Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 12-03-2005, 03:51 PM   #51
cls
Registered Member

Default Re: Motorcyclist gets 30 years for causing trooper's death.

Indeed. Tough job.
cls is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-03-2005, 05:45 PM   #52
tourist50
Founding Member

Pig ignorance, obviously not you. Your law enforcement diaper is showing through your concerned citizen chaps. Throw the book at em. Everyone's a perp and sentences are too light. Maximize. I love a simple solution. And when Mr. Righteous here is on the stand testilying I'll be silently giving thanks for that thin blue line which is there to protect our liberties. Right. Thank God the great unwashed masses like myself will always flee from that total cop mentality. Run like hell you brigands. Cops are the enemy, remember that, and it's best if you do as I do. I flee the cops on my 'Busa with license plate bent up, running lights off at 150 plus mph. I'm sure Mr. Righteous would like me to swing for that last statement but " while I'm venting " let me admit my guilt. Yes, I've been caught a few times but in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts cops may only have have a maximum IQ of 80 and don't usually pursue at any speed above that number and if that's not enough everyone knows our state is easy on crime. We also have a long and storied history for offending those who are truly offensive and you offended me Mr. Righteous. Thirty years for a kid on a bike where a cop accidentally dies but how long for a multiple offending US senator who kills a biker? Get my drift pig?

tourist50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 05:54 PM   #53
wOzerd
Founding Member

Porsche driver-- what happened to the Porsche driver?

Camaro Police car-- Hmmm I know the local Mustang Police Car driver. I have heard him blatantly state that NOBODY can outrun him. Possibly the State Trooper had bigger balls than brains-- Like my local Mustang cop, the guy on the bike and-- the Porsche driver (what ever happened to the Porsche driver?) sad in any case. I agree this punishment is too extreme
wOzerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 06:27 PM   #54
DougandCarol
Founding Member

Any of my future vacation plans will NOT include Florida. Many times Gray haired only loose their license when they run down motorcyclists...
DougandCarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 06:48 PM   #55
jamie_ooh
Founding Member

"Haywood was killed last October when his police Camaro patrol car crashed into the woods on I-4 in Volusia County, Fla. Haywood was attempting to stop an alleged high-speed race between a motorcycle and Porche when he crashed."

So how many years did the porshe driver get?
jamie_ooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 07:12 PM   #56
Holy_Kaw
Registered Member

The only system I'm trying to work toward here is one that, for instance, would not have a Man serving 30 years for Speeding and another basically walk for Killing a Motorcyclist.
Holy_Kaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 07:36 PM   #57
macmanjim
Founding Member

Not if he was on the autobahn...

2009 R1200RT

My Motorrad
macmanjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 08:11 PM   #58
cls
Registered Member

Classless turds rarely, if ever, offend me. You'll have to do much better than that. Emotional rambling aside, you've shown more than enough ignorance on your own. Little commentary is required. Job well done.
cls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 09:30 PM   #59
gforces
Founding Member

You sound like a lawyer.
gforces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 09:40 PM   #60
volvoman5
Registered Member

Let me begin by saying I don't want to sound like I condone speeding or the actions of Donald Williams. Now, to my point. While I'm sure the trooper's intentions were good, he broke a rule by choosing to give chase of the rider. I think that by allowing this case to go through, the judge is condoning the actions of the trooper. I'm sure there is a very good reason why that policy of not engaging in high speed pursuits exists, and the judge has chosen to ignore that policy completely. 100% of the blame has been placed on Donald Williams. I know this will over-exaggerate, but essentially once someone commits a crime, all associated police action, even if it violates police policy, that results in a death (or injury, etc...) is the fault of the person who has comitted the crime? This seems like far too open of a door for poor police decisions with no retribution for those decisions. Donald Williams was wrong to run, his actions did indeed lead to a death and as such he should be punished. However, the entire blame must not sit squarely on his shoulders as it has been placed in this case.

Now, watch as I do a complete 180 and bring up another point and almost contradict myself. It's time to stop calling car accidents, accidents. Though car "accidents" do occur, most of them are not an accident at all. If you've been drinking, talking on the cellphone, changing the radio station, not been getting enough sleep, (I could go on, but I think my point is made) then a resulting collision is not an accident at all. It occurred as a direct result to a decision you made and I think the justice system needs to begin giving out punishments that do a better job deterring this sort of behavior.
volvoman5 is offline   Reply With Quote