Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 12-03-2005, 01:11 PM   #41
cls
Registered Member

Default Re: Motorcyclist gets 30 years for causing trooper's death.

I see. So, you choose to accept all the advantages of the society, but deny the C.J. system that enforces it. Interesting. Naive, but interesting...Please!
cls is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-03-2005, 01:14 PM   #42
cls
Registered Member

I see. So you choose to accept all the advantages of the society, but deny the C.J. system that enforces it. Interesting. Naive, but interesting...Please!
Old 12-03-2005, 01:32 PM   #43
cls
Registered Member

Not much of a debate for me that running from the cops should be a felony. For the remainder, see following notes on felony manslaughter, etc. You're responsible for your actions, especially if they're illegal in the first place. You can be charged w/vehicular homicide for a simple car accident. No intent on anyone's part, but the charge is used every day for people that did no more than a traffic offense: red light, stop sign, lane change, speeding, failure to yield, whatever. The results change the severity of the charge, though. That's the way it works.
Old 12-03-2005, 01:36 PM   #44
cls
Registered Member

So, following your logic, once we have one messed up verdict, we should can them all? That's quite a system you're working on there...

The Trooper messed up and I'd say he more than paid for his mistake, but, yes, "Just because the Trooper messed up, doesn't relieve the biker of his part."
Old 12-03-2005, 01:51 PM   #45
gbrummett
Founding Member

Default What about the driver of the sports car???

What about the driver of the sports car???What about the driver of the sports car???What about the driver of the sports car???What about the driver of the sports car???

Why has no one asked about the driver of the sports car he was racing???

WHY WAS HE NOT Charged??????
gbrummett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 01:51 PM   #46
clively
Founding Member

I do agree it is excessive, there are bad cops, and if you read my whole statement you would have figured that out. I do believe that you, long ride, sarnali, serazua, and abe froman usually look skepticlly at law enforcement. I also know you have all been around longer than I have and experienced much more than me in more turbulent times. I usually agree with 96% of what you say and each of you are why I renewed my subscription because you offer good perspective on things. I just hate to see stupid "rebel without a clue" people running their mouths about crooked cops when they dont know what they are talking about. I live in central Texas and have seen stupid things but most riders are respected by cops.
clively is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 02:27 PM   #47
seruzawa
The Toad

Maybe they just should have chopped off the biker's throttle hand!
Old 12-03-2005, 02:29 PM   #48
BillyO
Registered Member

Good point.Also,I`m sure that it was the first time that the biker ever broke the law.

He probably has no previous record of violations,either.

BillyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 02:32 PM   #49
BillyO
Registered Member

Hey,The cop got a longer sentence than the perp.
BillyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 02:36 PM   #50
seruzawa
The Toad

Actually I have had mostly good experiences with the police here in SLC, UT area. Even when I got a ticket the police have been totally professional. I think that some police forces don't tolerate the prick attitude and some cultivate it. Heaven help you if you live in an area where the prick attitude is encouraged.

The police have a tough job and I'm willing to cut them some slack. The problem with this case is not the cops but a very out of control DA and a pretty vicious judge.