Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 11-17-2005, 03:22 AM   #1
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: The Real Thing

If they make the engine big enough, someone like Gabe or Burns might be able to sneak out in one of the cylinders.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-17-2005, 03:28 AM   #2
m_t_yeo
Founding Member

Something tells me the word 'outlaw' should have been, ahem, outlawed from this whole chopper trend the minute American Chopper aired on Discovery. Putting that show on the same channel that shows documentaries on pandas pretty much made choppers as mainstream as mainstream can get.

China does this, too, with clothing. It's called slave labour.
m_t_yeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 04:09 AM   #3
Zedex7R
Registered Member

Are you freaking kidding me? Go to jail, make a fortune! Why not do what you love while paying your debt to society...no reason to revoke any of your rights and privileges....after all what did you do, really?

It is prison for a reason...it is not supposed to be a an opportunity to do anything but be punished for your crimes against humanity.

I am in hell and nobody cares!!

OK, I am done....
Zedex7R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 04:50 AM   #4
SRMark
Founding Member

Nothing like an unfair competitive advantage. If I were manufacturing my own line of custom bikes, just how in the hell would I be able to compete against a company that had inmate labor rates? And if the bikes are sold for inflated rates to appease the current manufacturers, the prison is still one more company to fend off.
SRMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 05:15 AM   #5
sarnali
Founding Member

Are you going to trust a bunch of criminals too stupid to get away with there crimes to build a bike for you? Since they're all hardworking and honest folk in the prison I'm sure they can assemble a catalog custom as well as anyone else, why I wouldn't hesitate to send a check, oh sorry, money order for $40,000 to some one in jail for a bike.

Since I like to repeat myself I'll ask again. How is a bike that you had built for you, from off the shelf parts that anyone can buy "custom"? Because you had it painted different from the 6 or 7000 other "customs" that were built from the exact same parts from the exact same catalog?

If you're going to ride a chopper at least show some balls and buy a stock bike and chop it yourself, show some class and build your own. I might not look like an Arlen Ness bike but at least we can pick it out of a crowd.

phuken panzies
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 05:15 AM   #6
ofreen
Registered Member

The world is a funny place and getting funnier all the time.
ofreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 05:40 AM   #7
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Wonder if the inmates will get a .05 cent an hour pay number? Not that I'd know anything about that....

Beats farming sugar beets for Spreckles...

Old 11-17-2005, 06:01 AM   #8
Hutchinator
Founding Member

Default WTF

!?!?!?!?! WTF !?!?!?!?!?

1. Who gets the money?

2. Is this really a punishment?

3. Is this even legal (unfair competion or like)?

4. Oh, god, not another chopper!
Old 11-17-2005, 06:14 AM   #9
Tigercub
Founding Member

Why do I get the feeling this enterprise isn't going very far? Maybe because if these inmates had it together enough to build and sell choppers they wouldn't be in prison in the first place.
Tigercub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 06:19 AM   #10
johnnyb
Founding Member

if it is a Twin we can both get out...
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote