Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 02-04-2001, 12:30 PM   #1
suzukis-suck
Founding Member

Default Re: Titan Restructuring After Bankruptcy

Nobody cares! First Post!

Heywould JaBlowme
suzukis-suck is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-04-2001, 01:04 PM   #2
BammBamm
Founding Member

The American motorcycle industry does need more companies manufacturing well designed and built bikes. We do not need another company that assembles Harley copies and charges and arm and two legs for them.

If you want a Harley, buy a Harley. If you want a modern competent well designed and built bike don't look in America.
BammBamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2001, 02:47 PM   #3
john
Founding Member

I think Rolls-Royce cars suck, because they handle like , go like , and in my eyes are genuinely ugly. The fact that they cost $300,000 has nothing at all to do with it. A car like a ferrari Maranello, on the other hand, is just as expensive, and i truly envy their owners, as the ferrari is a very desirable car in my opinion. I am not at all envious of a Rolls owner, because I believe their product is a genuine POS with lucas electronics.

I realize that your post is sarcastic, but it illustrates very well how some individuals can be so ignorant as to think that persons would disparage a product because it is expensive, as opposed to disparaging it for reasons of functionality, performance, and style..
Old 02-04-2001, 02:48 PM   #4
john
Founding Member

Hey MO, whats with this editing crap????

You have effectively erased half of my vocabulary
Old 02-04-2001, 04:29 PM   #5
motorpsyche
Founding Member

What do you mean "it wouldn't be good for the nearly monopolized US bike industry if they failed"? Titan isn't holding down Harley prices one iota! Neither is Polaris or any other Harley clone. Proof of this is the mass quantities of Japanese Harley clones with their relatively dirt cheap pricing. Even the inexpensiveness of the Far East cruisers can't lower Harley prices. In fact, it's the other way around. Harley clones are sponging from the incredible success of Harley. Though, maybe Titan's troubles are an indication of the future of cruisers. First EH bit it (and they still are despite the company's reports to the contrary) and now Titan. Harley are you listening? Cruiser sales can dry up like spit on a Texas highway in the summer. Is your portfolio diversified Harley?
motorpsyche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2001, 12:40 AM   #6
suzukis-suck
Founding Member

Learn how to spell, trailer trash!

Do you park your bike around back or bring it inside?
suzukis-suck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2001, 02:46 AM   #7
knackered
Founding Member

You'd better hope cruiser sales don't dry up since they represent about 85% of all motorcycle sales in the USA not to mention all that lobbying power (AMA and the like).

Without all those huge, underpowered, lumbering pieces of sh*t swelling the ranks of bikers in the USA, you crotch rocket boys on your "real" motorcycles would be poorly represented indeed.

Or would have it that you guys on your death sleds were all alone on the roads and leave you all to the real bike business of which manufacturer will be the first to stick a 250bhp engine in a stock road bike, yessir 'cos we all know that's what real motorcyclin' is all about.
knackered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2001, 03:53 AM   #8
NickdaBrick
Founding Member

The key clause in the article is, "their bikes don't appeal to enough people." There are only so many motorcyclists, and among them, only so many chopper afficionados, and among them, an even smaller number who can afford a Titan. Subtract from this sub-set the number who prefer to roll their own custom iron -- a significant portion, as these kinds of customers are very mechanically inclined. And if the other six guys don't like the product, then the company goes belly up. Ain't capitalism a ?
NickdaBrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2001, 03:55 AM   #9
NickdaBrick
Founding Member

Default The last word was supposed to be "b*tch," but it was edited.

NickdaBrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2001, 05:34 AM   #10
john
Founding Member

It's ok, Rod, I don't think your Grammar teacher is reading this, or anyone else who matters.