Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 02-05-2001, 07:19 AM   #11
motorpsyche
Founding Member

Default Re: Titan Restructuring After Bankruptcy

How do you know cruiser sales won't dry up? They've done it before and history repeats itself routinely. If Harley wants to continue their success and stockholder satisfaction, product diversification is a must. While I hope cruiser sales don't dry up, I prepare for the worst and hope for the best. Remember the 80's Harley?
motorpsyche is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-05-2001, 07:25 AM   #12
truedog
Founding Member

All motorcyles would be legislated out of existence within ten tears. Would that make YOU happy?
truedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2001, 12:09 AM   #13
BammBamm
Founding Member

Default Re: Competent and well-designed for what?

As a matter of fact, I own two Harleys, a shovel head and an evo. I also ride a CBR 1000F, and an XR650L. While I do enjoy riding the Harleys, and one was a gift from my wife, I enjoy dirt, and long distance sport riding as well.

I am not intending to knock Harleys, in fact I enjoy mine when it runs...

However, I am constantly dismayed at learning of new companies that are essentially building Harley copies. How many Harley copies do we need?
BammBamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2001, 04:22 AM   #14
hdpetey
Founding Member

Default Re: Top 5 reasons you are all retards

5. you turned a Titan story in a Harley story

4. you turned a Titan story in a Japanese bike vs. Harley, again

3. you turned a Titan story into my bikes more useful than your bike discussion

2. you turned a Titan story into an AMA story

1. you all miss the point! This story is about the bankruptcy and Titan's prospects for surviving bankruptcy

Here goes my attempt at posting on the subject matter.

In my opinion, Titan will fail. The clone assemblers have done a more than adequate job showing that they can't assemble and sell enough clone bikes to generate any economies of scale. I.E. - their margins suck and they are dependent on their suppliers which rape them severely.

Their business model is paradoxal. What the heck is a semi-mass prodcuced custom?

Also, let's set the record straight.

A CLONE is a motorcycle assembled mostly from non-proprietary parts (ie the companies like Titan & Ultra buy their parts from manufacturers that sell the same parts to anyone else). CLONES mainly use S&S motors and look a lot like Harleys.

Excelsior, Polaris and the Japanese cruisers are not CLONES, why? They are proprietary. Go assemble a clone bike and try to buy an Excelsior, Polaris or Honda Shadow motor to install in it! Got it?
hdpetey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2001, 04:45 AM   #15
motorpsyche
Founding Member

Default You are obviously smarter and a better human being than us.

Thanks for enlightening us. Where would the poor stupid souls of the planet be without people like you to tell us that in so many words. Your humbleness rivals that of Jesus. You are a blessed person. You must ride a holy Harley.
Old 02-06-2001, 06:42 AM   #16
doctorkaz
Founding Member

I got an older gsx1100g, other than tires and replacing the front fork springs, Iv'e done NOTHING to this bike and everytime I hit the gas the acceleration is wild.
doctorkaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2001, 08:01 AM   #17
hdpetey
Founding Member

Default Re: motorpsyche

Thanks for the sarcasm more proof you are a stupid soul.

HD = Honda

and

HD = Harley-Davidson

maybe I change it to HD-T to recognize my new Triumph Bonne?

I don't care which brand you ride that should have been evident in my Top 5. People like you read any article and make it an us vs. them thread.

Point again - What do you feel is the prospect for Titan surviving bankruptcy? If you don't have an intelligent post to contribute on that subject matter go on to something that you do.

Take care.
Old 02-06-2001, 11:18 AM   #18
hdpetey
Founding Member

Default Re: Gee thanks...Bonne

Hey, you sarcastically replied to my post first not vice versa.

As for calling people retards you can either consider yourself one or not.

Go back and read the posts on this Titan bankruptcy topic. I was critical of the people that posted way off topic. You either did or did not.

Trumper forums. Probably won't go. Between a HD, a HD, a Kawi (which I forgot to mention) and a new Bonny I don't have time. If I did I would keep my posts relevent to the topic.
Old 02-06-2001, 11:22 AM   #19
hdpetey
Founding Member

Default Re: No smart guy a CLONE is...

By your lose interpretation of a CLONE, every motorcycle is a clone or another motorcycle. And every car is a clone of another car.

Clone bikes insert names here: Aprilia, Buell, BMW, Honda, Harley, Yam.....

Thanks for the off-topic biology lesson on a motorcycle specific site. Exactly the reason why I have not been on this site in weeks.
Old 02-06-2001, 01:50 PM   #20
motorpsyche
Founding Member

Default Re: Top 5 reasons you are all retards

First of all hdpetey, referring to everyone that posted before you as retards begged for a rebuttal. That was your call. The posts were going just fine in that people were giving their opinions. That's all they were, opinions. Then some smarta** comes along and says anyone with an opinion other than theirs is a retard. That was just as off topic a comment as anything. Titan declaring bankruptcy may have very real implications for Harley. This fact was illuminated in the authors' description of the story in the first place. If you want to blame people for getting off topic, blame MO for how they set up a press release.