Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 02-01-2001, 05:22 AM   #21
RobGixxer750
Founding Member

Default MO, can you start posting IPs, or at least all but the...

last 3 digits of the IP xxx, on anonymous posters? Would be nice to know who the sh** stirrers are

Rob
RobGixxer750 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-01-2001, 05:27 AM   #22
VFRider
Founding Member

Default Re: Ugh

"She seems really cool, and yeah, she's pretty, but do you think she is going to drop you an email or give you a call because you call her a "babe" on some forum? " - No, but I did say she was pretty damn smart too. Maybe that will do it.
VFRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2001, 08:31 AM   #23
stevegrab
Founding Member

Default Re: Get Politically Active

So you're saying you think it is a good idea that companies don't cover motorcyclists? Or are you saying it's ok to discriminate against fat people and smokers?

As far as getting a better deal on health insurance, unless you are personally buying your own individual insurance it doesn't matter. For most companies, even small ones, it has more to do with past expenses. And with the exception of major health problems, the primary high cost item for most people is child bearing expenses. So do you want to discriminate against people that have kids too?
stevegrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2001, 08:49 AM   #24
stevegrab
Founding Member

Default Re: Ingrateful bastard.

For once I really have to agree with Abe Foreman on this one. America is still the best place to live on this planet, that is why people are trying to move here in droves.
Old 02-01-2001, 09:39 AM   #25
RobGixxer750
Founding Member

Default Bah

VFRs are a great sport tourer. Just because you can't see outside the kind of bikes you like, doesn't mean the rest of the world is going to stop riding theirs. I am myself, a sportbiker, but, I can appreciate anything with 2 wheels. I have spent some time on a VFR800, and other than the weak brakes compared to a sportbike, the bike is confidence inspiring, amply powerful, and a joy in the twisties.

Rob
Old 02-01-2001, 11:14 AM   #26
greatoldbikes
Founding Member

Default Can I have a job where you work?

Do you work for a motorycle-oriented company? How can I get a job there?

GOB
Old 02-01-2001, 11:40 AM   #27
RobGixxer750
Founding Member

Default childish. I'm gonna tell your mommy and daddy. (nt)

Old 02-01-2001, 12:47 PM   #28
stevegrab
Founding Member

Default Re: Ingrateful bastard.

Hopefully they don't drive at all, because they have very bad driving skills, and we're out there riding our motorcycles with them.

In case you were making fun of "droves" or thought it's not a word, check www.dictionary.com. It says, "drove - noun, a large mass of people moving or acting as a body"

(Oh , is that the right its, or is it it's, flame away)
Old 02-01-2001, 12:56 PM   #29
stevegrab
Founding Member

Default Re: Get Politically Active

While in principle that sounds good, in practice it won't work. I can see the litany of questions that insurer's would have to ask to get your proper risk factor. And who's to say you tell the truth.

I recall a previous employer requied a higher premium to be paid by those that smoked (because they would increase the premiums for the whole company as a group). I knew of several people that smoked but hid it so they wouldn't have to pay.

I'm afraid insurance is too screwed up to be fixed easily. Too much of the gamle you are paying for are the extremely rare and high cost cases. Who would carry much liability coverage if people weren't so sue-happy in the US?

When I pay insurance I really want it to be there to pay for the car/bike if stolen or wrecked. I hate paying to make sure I can cover it if I hurt somebody else (an amount that should always be lower on bikes, since that is unlikely). Or un/under insured motorist, there's another joke coverage.
Old 02-01-2001, 07:32 PM   #30
spindizzy
Founding Member

Default Re: No, but nothing.

You keep telling yourself that you've got the best health care in the world - other Americans might even believe you. Just ignore where the major breakthroughs are routinely made - the UK, South Africa and Australia. Unless you mean cosmetic surgery. Funnily enough all three of those countries have State run health systems.
spindizzy is offline   Reply With Quote