Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 09-15-2005, 11:10 AM   #11
ncelik
Registered Member

Default Re: Lojack for Motorcycles

What I always wondered is: If your bike (or car) gets stolen - why would you want it back? I personally want the insurance to pay me out.

I would not want the bike back after a 17-year-old takes a joyride on it and tries to impress his friends with stunts.

ncelik is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-15-2005, 11:18 AM   #12
sarnali
Founding Member

That's pretty much my attitude, be it wrecked, stolen whatever. It's gone. I want a new one, that's what I pay insurance for
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 12:03 PM   #13
Hutchinator
Founding Member

I'm a selfish sadistic SOB I guess, I want to track them because I don't share (I bought it, it's mine dammit!). That they took it, I want thier ass sitting next to Bubba in jail.

Beside, my insurance is high enough.
Old 09-15-2005, 12:26 PM   #14
Pinkslip
Founding Member

Default I never understood that argument

Yeah, and you can use the same lame excuse about your significant other too-- 'He/She is so damn ugly, unattentive, stupid, and lazy that no one will want to woo them from me.'

Or your job-- 'I am so underpaid and unappreciated, with no hopes of promotion, that no one will want my position. It's the ultimate job security.'

Or your health-- 'If I'm a leper, none of those pesky Red Cross people will want me to donate blood.'

"If you own a motorcycle that nobody wants..." That somes it up right there. Nobody, including yourself... Sometimes it's nice to have something others wish they could have. The trick is to make sure the dirtbags who take, uhm... initiative?... to get your desired possessions don't succeed.

I think LoJack would be great for motorcycles. It should come as a standard option on all motorcycles from the manufacturers. Then, it could be covered under warranty. It would also lower insurance too, with many insurance providers.

That, or you could ride a pile of poop your whole life.
Pinkslip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 12:45 PM   #15
The_Aerodynamic_Head
Founding Member

I agree, Sarnali. I had a Jag once. It was pristine. I loved more than my own mother. In a sudden fit of nicotine withdrawl, I smoked in it. I realized the horror of what I had done after just two drags, but it was too late. Between the smell in the headliner and the marred chrome inside the ash tray...I just couldn't handle the damage. So I made my insurance company give me a new one.

I agree that "insurance" really means "entitlement resultant from forced savings." We give them our hard-earned money every month, and for what, I ask you? Certainly it's their ethical obligation to periodically return the favor, thus absolving us of fiscal responsibility for auto purchases, and coincidentally fulfilling our Constitutional right to immediate gratification! Here here!
Old 09-15-2005, 01:52 PM   #16
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Who needs a Lojak when you drive an "81 KZ750?

But when I get my new City X this Saturday, I'll park it where I can see it and use a five screw Model 27.

Old 09-15-2005, 01:59 PM   #17
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Yeah well I did and he's right.

Call me "Mr. City X" in a few days.

Of course the ol' lady insisted I sell off "the fleet". But we compromised on just selling the street bikes.

Tonight I'll be putting knobbies on everything.

Hahahha!
Old 09-15-2005, 04:34 PM   #18
Fenton
Founding Member

This pro-Buell thing is catchy. Everyone seems to rave about the XB series. Did you ride the 12 also?
Fenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 03:26 AM   #19
reepicheep
Founding Member

That sounds right. To recieve a radio frequency signal, all you have to do is power an operational amplifier and a simple processor, a milliamp is enough. You are just picking up "vibrations of electrons in the air" that somebody else wiggled for you.

The wiggling (transmitting) is the hard part, that is what consumes the power, if you are just passively listening, you can do that all day long with very little power.

So the processor just listens to all the codes transmitted all day long, and waits to see if one of them is the one that it has been assigned. If so, it goes into blabber mode and it starts transmitting, and the power consumption goes up.
reepicheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 03:52 AM   #20
SRMark
Founding Member

Come live in my part of the country. If your bike is stolen, somebody's cousin's brother's father in-law will know who did it. You can track him down and beat him up.
SRMark is offline   Reply With Quote