Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Paranoid News Clips (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/paranoid-news-clips/)
-   -   We don't need no stinking training! (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/paranoid-news-clips/3012-we-dont-need-no-stinking-training.html)

jhinton 09-07-2005 11:25 AM

Regulation / Speed Parts

The constitution doesnÂ’t specifically say that congress can limit your driving speed. It doesnÂ’t ban drugs or limit you to only one spouse either. So is everything legal if not specifically banned by the constitution? If thatÂ’s the case we donÂ’t need congress anymore because all laws are already written. The constitution doesnÂ’t call out all the laws of the land, it specifies would can make laws. It gives that power to congress.

As for speed parts, most are already illegal. The current pollution and noise laws just arenÂ’t enforced. Anything that causes your motorcycle to emit more pollution is illegal. (Jet Kits, Power Commanders, Cams, Etc) Anything that causes your motorcycle to emit more noise pollution is illegal. That is, if the parts are used of the street. You have companies that produce parts that are legal for maybe 5% of their customers (racers) and illegal for the rest of us. Now that some states are requiring inspections you see some of the auto aftermarket manufacturers going legit and providing DOT compliant parts. That hasnÂ’t happened yet for the motorcycle industry.

spombe7 09-07-2005 11:30 AM

Re: We don't need no stinking training!

In the latest MCN article, they reported that there is evidence that the rider training programs offered by HD generate the most accidents. One of the key reasons is their choice of bike, Buell Blast, which is too heavy, with too much low-end torque for most beginners to handle.

mscuddy 09-07-2005 12:05 PM

What!?!? The Buell Blast has too much torque?

My King-O-Lawn has more torque than a Buell Blast. Puh-Leeze.

I say start 'em off on a Gixxer tripple zed.

Fenton 09-07-2005 12:08 PM

Fe, Fi, Fo, Fum, I hear Longride on his way.

BMW4VWW 09-07-2005 12:28 PM

Where, exactly, is the creche where these simpering fools, that think more government is the answer for every thing, are grown any way? VWW

Buzglyd 09-07-2005 12:29 PM

I guess I won't bother to subscribe to MCN then.

mscuddy 09-07-2005 12:34 PM

Re: We don't need no stinking airbags!

Hey, nice thing about those 50's cars, you just hosed 'em out after a bad crash and sold 'em again.

clively 09-07-2005 12:47 PM

In the cess pools surrounding New Orleans.

Look how their local govt screwed the citizenry

seruzawa 09-07-2005 12:59 PM

Publik skoolz.

cptaebphd 09-07-2005 01:37 PM

Live Freeze and Die.....lol!!!

Here in FL there is no helmet law and guys splatter their brains nearly every weekend.

Maybe NH should change its motto to: Live Helmet Free and Die!