Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 08-30-2005, 12:49 AM   #1
tokoloshgolem
Founding Member

Default Re: Yet another reasonable well balanced cager

Rich psychopathic cagers by the sounds of it. At least the WSP didn't feel the need to persecute the bikers.

BTW, that's woman (singular) and her husband pitched in too towards the end. What do you use for plural? Wimmen?
tokoloshgolem is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-30-2005, 01:40 AM   #2
svo68
Registered Member

yes.......but was he wearing a helmet.....how can you be thrown over the bars, down the hill, assaulted, tackled, and no serious injuries?

I can't believe the riders didn't kick both their b u t t s. All of them deserve a citizenship award.
svo68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 02:06 AM   #3
cptaebphd
Founding Member

Let this be a warning that we all need to spend more time in the gym!

I think she was just pissed after seeing the bill to fill up her tank. It was "gas rage" and it's only going to get worse as cagers begin to lust after the MPG of our bikes.
cptaebphd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 03:34 AM   #4
caderider
Registered Member

I guess I am only as safe as eco-cage drivers, Goldwing gets between 35-40 MPG lol
Old 08-30-2005, 04:10 AM   #5
thebat
Founding Member

This should at LEAST be "Assault with a deadly weapon" as it would be if the vehicle was used like this in any other situation. But I'm sure the common assumption is that the bikers must have provoked them somehow. Pure BS!! It definitely is time to get real rights as a motorcyclist and not be seen as the bad boys of the asphalt.

Brad

Santa Cruz
thebat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 04:43 AM   #6
boru4761
Registered Member

I have to agree. If someone wrecked my bike and basically attempted to kill me, all because my loud pipes frightened you and made you spill your latte, I think I would have to be completey unconcious not to get up and beat the living ***** out of you. These guys deserve some kind of recognition.

Maybe MO could send them a plaque or something?
boru4761 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 06:17 AM   #7
Fenton
Founding Member

These articles are helping me with my bike rage.

I had a guy "merge" into my lane and put me on the shoulder over the weekend. Just a little tap on the brakes and swing in behind him, no drama(finger), a little wave to let him know I was just cut off.(You're a tool!) I went safely on my way.

Fenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 06:32 AM   #8
ValkBandit
Registered Member

it's this type of biassed, incomplete reporting that gives journalism a bad name.

for all we know the guy forgot to put the toilet seat back down ...
ValkBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 06:37 AM   #9
SRMark
Founding Member

Let's see. The bikers were driving aggressively, speeding, braking, etc. with a car. Sounds like the whole thing could have been avoided. Take it to the track and don't ***** with cars.

Still, if I were intentionally rear-ended and I survived, I' d have stomped them, having made the assumption that they still intended to kill me.

SRMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 06:58 AM   #10
JLWarrior
Registered Member

I had a woman in a suburban swerve at me while screaming and ranting the other weekend, probably because I pulled up behind her rather noisily after she cut in front of me at a red light. I made no move or gesture toward her, simply let the engine brake me down through 2nd and 1st gears, then when the light turned green I went to go around her in the middle lane(she was looking in her rear view mirror and accelerating very slowly) she swerved at me and I could see her practically foaming at the mouth as I glanced at her.

I had to pull off the highway and let the rage subside, the only thing that prevented me from following this ***** and ripping her a new ahole at a red light was the fact that I would be arrrested for the resulting violence. Un-frigging believable. I'm getting pissed again just thinking about it.
JLWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote