Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 08-30-2005, 11:51 AM   #21
anrajala
Founding Member

Default Re: Yet another reasonable well balanced cager

Was she good looking?

- cruiz-euro
anrajala is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-30-2005, 02:47 PM   #22
FrankGrimes
Founding Member

I am all about being calm, but does anyone wonder if that encourages more cage-rage? Not standing up to abuse just enforces the fact that road rage is ok. In the cages mind they are justified and right, and by pushing a cyclist around they are vigilantes in their own mind. Not sure where I'm going with this... I just don't like to back down. Not saying fight with violence, thinking more along the lines of considering vehicles weapons - this Lady should have some manslaughter charges.
FrankGrimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 03:33 PM   #23
phalse
Founding Member

I think everyone agrees that the law should take these cases more seriously. It's often said that a car is a deadly weapon and should be treated as such.

As for the psychology of road rage, i really don't know how to approach that issue.
phalse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 04:38 PM   #24
nesbit
Founding Member

By way of illustration, I found myself stalled in single lane BtoB traffic for no apparent reason. Eventually, it became clear that a gal in a 50 ton 4X4 was the cause. After a while I leaned over and screamed down the line - "what's the problem lady?" Her distraught and protective gal friend in the shotgun position got out and screamed back pleadingly at me - "can't you see she doesn't know how to drive?" I responded - "my dear, that is quite apparent!". So, before we start talking about dealing with these incompetents after their murder us, we need to start tightening-up the license issuance process and head them off at the pass. Of course, that's not any more likely to happen then the Feds closing down the Mexican border.
nesbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 10:21 PM   #25
yo-me-mo
Founding Member

too much hate out there. it's the same way on the east coast. it's the price of everything going up and up with the exception of your salary. you don't need greenspan to know we are in inflation that is going to pop the realestate bubble. when it does people who's houses cost 500,000 will only be worth 300,000 and boy will they be pissed off. it's how capitalism make slaves.It's only going to get worse.
yo-me-mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 08:20 AM   #26
Tigercub
Founding Member

We're done with this thread so I can say what I want.

It's been happening over the last 20 to 30 years with the demise of unions and access to the equity market. The shift should be that workers take part in profit sharing. We have more freedom to participate, but not more education about how to do it. Either we demand greater access and education or bring back the unions.

It's hard to argue with the results. The bike you buy today is actually cheaper than the one you could buy 30 years ago and it performs 10 times better.

The captains of industry and equity need to treat us with respect. Afterall, we drive two-thirds of the economy.
Tigercub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 09:47 AM   #27
Abe_Froman
Founding Member

Hey it was a woman what can we expect. They don't understand the ramifications of any other decision they make, why should we expect any more when they're driving a car???

But seriously women tend to be the most vindictive and likely to lash out towards motorcyclists, which they tend to view as a large group of equally liable and guilty people. No capacity to differentiate between who is guilty, not guilty, responsible, irresponsible, liable, and unrelated. In a revelation that is sure to get me flamed five ways from Friday, but still illustrative of the point---

A friend and I were on the highway this past spring. Being out for one of the first times this year, we were a little jacked up with excitement on our modern literbikes. I was getting ansty behind some traffic, sitting at a red light in the left lane with a car ahead of me (and a car next to them in the right lane.) When the light turned green a kid in the SUV next to me goaded me to do a wheelie. I was powerless to resist his peer pressure. I lifted one and proceeded to carry it while I split the two cars in front of me on the dotted line. I was accelerating very quickly and went by them in about .3 seconds. I was past them before they knew what happened, but my riding partner said that after I went through, the car on the right uselessly swerved to the right a little bit. My friend then changed lanes to the right, came in behind them, with plans to change lanes again and get around this car. When he came up behind them the lady driving slammed on her brakes without warning or reason, causing my friend to nearly rear-end her, though he hadn't done anything wrong at all. Only I had, and even then, they were never in any danger whatsoever.

I think this is a function of many people having a complex about control. They get angry when other people aren't sufficiently controlled to their satisfaction, even though they aren't actually being harmed in any way. Frankly I enjoy showing them that #1) they have nothing to worry about from me and #2) no matter what they do, I will not be controlled. Learn to live with it you collectivist lemming sheep. If I'm not hurting you, you have nothing to complain about. Just my little, mildly relevant way of tweaking the noses of the people that can't stand it when they can't control the lives of others.
Abe_Froman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 08:14 AM   #28
sv1000rider
Founding Member

You said an absolute mouthful there Abe. It's all about the control. And control freaks behind the wheel are often behind many of the most dangerous situations we motorcyclists come up against on a daily basis. Often, just the act of quickly passing someone stimulates a response of a most unpredictable and illogical nature. Maybe it's time I put a gun rack on the back of my SV along with an NRA sticker?
sv1000rider is offline   Reply With Quote