Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 08-18-2005, 01:17 PM   #71
parrot820
Registered Member

Default Re: Ah ha! They deserved it!

I noticed that also and completely agree.

At first I thought: hey, here's a nicely balanced article, nice job.

Then I got to that helmet line and cringed.

It might have been relevant if the person killed had died of head trauma, but he didn't, so why mention it?

You're right...now people can feel safe in the knowledge that it was, in fact, all the bikers' fault for not wearing helmets.

Ughh...

parrot820 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-18-2005, 03:24 PM   #72
sportbikebandit
Founding Member

Default Re: Road Raged Man Kills Biker

As a WA state resident I apoligize for this jerk. Next time call 911. I know personally that the WA State Patrol and King County Sheriff's department won't tolerate this agression stuff...
sportbikebandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 03:28 PM   #73
sportbikebandit
Founding Member

Hey I know you SUV guys remember I am the ***** whipped wus in the Minivan. You can't hide your little big man thing from me...Did I say I was jealous
sportbikebandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 04:19 PM   #74
RK-Ray
Founding Member

I'm going to let you have the road because you are apparenty as dumb as the guy in the suv.
Old 08-18-2005, 08:08 PM   #75
Viffer-dude
Founding Member

>>The SUV is just an indicator of what type of person and what type of driver its owner is....

There was also a recent study that indicated that men who are insecure about their masculinity tend to like trucks and SUVs.<<

Wow, are you kidding me?! And guys who ride fast bikes like to live life on the edge, and secretly have a deathwish to end their existence on this earth in very spectacular fashion. Why, it's been proven that people who ride bikes are insecure about their intelligence, and therefore don't feel qualified to drive an automobile or anything with 4 or more wheels.

For the record, I drive an SUV because it hauls me and my family and all our gear when we go on vacation. I also use it extensively for offroading - real offroading where I can get as far away from society as possible. That way I can feel secure in my insecurity and go and shoot guns and things too. Sheesh.
Viffer-dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005, 06:00 AM   #76
gniewko
Registered Member

You sound a little too defensive about your choice of vehicle. Whether you like it or not, the connection between insecurity and preference for SUVs is shown by empirical evidence:

http://tinyurl.com/873b5

gniewko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005, 07:54 AM   #77
bilbo
Registered Member

It sounds like you're the exception then. Most SUV owners never take them off-road. If it's just that you need to haul your family around a station wagon would probably do just as well. If it's that you live somewhere where it snows a lot, a 4WD station wagon like a Subaru Forester does just fine while getting twice as many miles per gallon as many SUVs. Face it, most people who own SUVs have no need for such a large vehicle.
bilbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005, 07:58 AM   #78
bilbo
Registered Member

I don't agree. I think many people want to know if the rider was wearing a helmet when reading about an accident, so that fact alone justifies the reporter including the information in the article. The article provided enough information for any intelligent person to conclude that the lack of helmet was probably irrelevant in this case.
bilbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005, 02:52 PM   #79
Viffer-dude
Founding Member

I just love it when people start to tell me what I "need". Frankly, it's no one else's business but mine why I choose a vehicle. Since most of us also own "cages", who really NEEDS a bike anyway? Sure, for some people that's their only means of sensible transport, but for the vast majority of us, they're pleasure-craft.

If you guys want to perpetuate the myths about SUV drivers being dumb, insecure, bad drivers, etc., then don't get pissed when others perpetuate the myth that bikers are idiots. I think I can honestly state based on what I see every day that SUV pilots are no worse than anyone else. Good day...
Old 08-19-2005, 03:05 PM   #80
Viffer-dude
Founding Member

>>>http://tinyurl.com/873b5<<<

Tthis so-called study appears to be nothing more than yet another attempt to discourage SUV ownership, per the liberal agenda. If they can't find the "facts" they want, they then proceed to make them up.

Considering this "article" published no empirical data to back up the findings, I'm rather suspicious of the motives. And taking a sample of only undergraduate college students? We're supposed to take this seriously? What data did he possess to show that SUV drivers felt their masculinity was challenged? None of course. Sounded more like opinion. What a crock.