Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 08-18-2005, 04:51 AM   #61
draffety
Registered Member

Default Ah ha! They deserved it!

"Neither motorcyclist was wearing a helmet, police said. " Looks like those crazy motorcyclists got what they deserved...

Unbelievable. Why is this always necessary to print? As if it were relevant in this case...

FWIW I am an ATGATT rider, but this is ridiculous.
draffety is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-18-2005, 05:25 AM   #62
gniewko
Registered Member

Default Re: Road Raged Man Kills Biker

That's a strawman argument. Nobody is saying "it's the fault of the SUV". The SUV is just an indicator of what type of person and what type of driver its owner is.

Many (though not all) SUVs are driven by people who are bad drivers, have no confidence, and feel better and more secure in a large, tall vehicle. Same reason why Volvo owners are often bad drivers.

There was also a recent study that indicated that men who are insecure about their masculinity tend to like trucks and SUVs. That certainly seems to fit the profile of the driver in this case.
gniewko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 05:28 AM   #63
caderider
Registered Member

(go ahead and critisize my spelling)

Do0d! U'r spelling SuXX0rs!

lol j/k
Old 08-18-2005, 06:07 AM   #64
seruzawa
The Toad

He'll get off easy because it was "temporary insanity". You watch. They'll come up with another one of those ridiculous twinkie defenses.

"The sight of a lowlife subhuman on an evil motorcycle just caused my brain chemicals to switch off, yer Honor."

"Case Dismissed."

Our system, for some reason, punishes someone who carefully plans a murder far more than someone who cannot control his anger and lashes out indiscriminately. Which one is a greater danger to us all, pray tell?
Old 08-18-2005, 06:09 AM   #65
seruzawa
The Toad

In the unpressurized cargo bay.
Old 08-18-2005, 06:29 AM   #66
cfc
Registered Member

It makes you wonder what some people think. "Lets see, if I ram him with my SUV that'll scare him and teach him a real lesson?" When he should be thinking, " if I ram him I might kill him. I wonder if he has any kids, wife, etc." Oh well he's just a biker and I'm mad. I did something stupid but he broke my mirror. I better kill him, then I'll feel better.

Just a rant, as some dipstick just about killed my wife last year by pushing her into an intersection with his truck. Sitting at in intersection in Everett, WA, turning right on a blind corner ( with Canadian plates on the bike) this guy inches up honks the horn and then starts pushing her. She didn't know what was going on and was lucky there was no traffic coming. This idiot then pulls around her gives her the finger, cuts back and then slams on his brakes. I was waiting for her up the road and I saw this truck go flying by and he gives me the finger as well.

Makes you wonder if some people even have a brain. What's going through his head, "Hey, I wanna tern and there be this woman from outta state in my way, I better push her outta my way cuz I gots some licker to git. When I gets bak to my trailer I can laff my azz off cuz I almost kilt a canehdeen biker *****!

Sometimes people really p*s* me off!
cfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 07:20 AM   #67
Hutchinator
Founding Member

"did it cause you to swerve off the freeway?"

Yes, he cut me off as I was merging in, my lane ending. This caused me to pull almost completely out of the lane I was about half in.

"or was he going so fast that you didn't even think about touching the brakes?"

This one doesn't make a whole lot of sense. He was past me fast enough I was able to avoid the lightpole without breaking.
Old 08-18-2005, 09:32 AM   #68
mile_eater
Founding Member

Amazing...

A man who consistantly complains about the negative and inaccurate stereotypes of motorcyclists now spouts off negative and inaccurate stereotypes about SUV drivers.

Clearly consistancy is the hobgoblin of small minds.
Old 08-18-2005, 09:50 AM   #69
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Nah

I'm thinking I'd want him good and fresh when longride picks him up at O'Hare.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 11:47 AM   #70
MCGMB
Founding Member

He'll get more than a couple of years, or just probation.

I don't believe he's going to get off lightly. This case is different than some of the other MC vs car/truck cases I've read. The suburbarn driver:

1. Is not famous or influential as far as I can tell (e.g. Janklow). So won't get the slipperiest lawyer.

2. Did more than just react immediately angrily. The initial part of the incident passed, and THEN he turned back to go after the motorcyclist. I think this elevates a crime to a different standard, based on intent.

3. Was drinking, per own passenger's statement

4. Tried to disquise himself and flee the state, indicating he knew he did something wrong. So can't use the crazy argument that he didn't know he had hurt the rider, a defense I believe Janklow used in some form

5. And he changed license plates on his Suburban --- the DMV will get him for 5-10 on this one alone!

OK, I was just kidding on #5, the other ones I think are valid though. I'm guessing 7-12 yrs, maybe more.
MCGMB is offline   Reply With Quote