Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 08-17-2005, 05:59 PM   #51
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: Road Raged Man Kills Biker

He better be or else I'll buy him a one way ticket to Chicago.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-17-2005, 06:56 PM   #52
nesbit
Founding Member

Send back 96sp's $11.94 and unsubscribe him, her, or it. If censorship was ever appropriate, this is the time. Damned if I can figure out how creatures like this evolve!
nesbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 07:13 PM   #53
Viffer-dude
Founding Member

Yeah, let's jump on the anti-SUV bandwagon. Let's make sure we blame the vehicle, not the idiot driver, or the foolish rider who chose to cruise down the road without a helmet. I'm sure the crazed SUV forced it's insanity upon it's driver, inducing the violent activity behind the wheel. No doubt if he'd been driving a car instead of the evil-SUV, the biker would still be alive.

As the owner of an SUV and a bike, I'm tired of the relentless stink-eye and rude behavior I get from a rising number of folks in their politically-correct vehicles when I'm piloting EITHER of my vehicles. Use your brain for something other than a hat-rack and consider the facts that maybe lead up to the incident instead of pouncing on the vehicle.

Sorry, but I'm tired of the vitriole and class-baiting that leads to violent behavior. Perhaps that's what lead the driver to hate the biker? Consider the irony...
Viffer-dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 07:16 PM   #54
Holy_Kaw
Registered Member

Road Rage?

Two times in 30+ years as a licenced Motocyclist I have been "chased". Both times it was pickups, both times I "ran away". I would never own a bike that I intended to operate on the highway regularly that wouldn't go 130MPH (ZX12R and 'Buza being 2 bikes that could effortlessly blow almost all street Production vehicles away Top Speed wise... period).

As far as I'm concerned "pulling over" is not an option if I'm not the one behind, I'd want to make myself a non-moving target to a 3+ ton vehicle? His call as to whether he smashes into me are not? No.

I can easily scoot away from any cage in town, it would take a pretty serious cage/driver to run me down on the highway. I basically try to stay away from cages, run slightly faster than traffic (so I'm reacting to them), WATCH out at intersections, KNOW that I am Invisible and have a mindset that I would rather have to explain 150+MPH maneuvers than to be dead.

Since we're talkin' road rage, I no longer carry a firearm to "even things out" when I ride (of the "quick draw" easily accessible type anyway). I do make it a point to have a word with those that I have offended by riding... All that said, many Good riders are no longer here... we ride in a hostile environment pursuing that which is important to us. Anyone that thinks this couldn't happen to them hasn't been paying attention.

k

Holy_Kaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 09:11 PM   #55
tomk2
Founding Member

"Hey kid, ya know what? You're OK" ...Bud from Repo Man
tomk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 10:09 PM   #56
Hutchinator
Founding Member

So basicly, Angry-SUV-Driver while driving drunk cuts off 2 bikers who over-react breaking a mirror.

He and his buddy then purpousfully turn around, speed to chase them down, and run them off the road, killing one of them.

Then he changes his appearence, plates, and runs for Florida.

I don't think complete jerk quite coveres it, no offense.
Old 08-17-2005, 10:22 PM   #57
Hutchinator
Founding Member

So ALL HD riders are posers?

I'm sure a couple of friends who owned a HD before any other vehicle, and continued to thoughout thier years, would appreciate knowing that.

Or maybe its just that ALL POSERS get thier come-upins.

Idiotic Troll
Old 08-18-2005, 01:37 AM   #58
aaronN
Founding Member

did it cause you to swerve off the freeway? or was he going so fast that you didn't even think about touching the brakes?
aaronN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 01:47 AM   #59
aaronN
Founding Member

I "cut" in front of cars occasionaly, except that they are a block behind me in about 2 seconds. You all sound like you have never experienced "road rage". I like the idea of having access to a steel pipe for mirrors and ball bearings for vehicles behind me. (though I probably never would)

The bottom line, I agree with 96 sp and holy kaw, if the bike I am riding can't easily outrun/outmanuvre (go ahead and critisize my spelling) them (a 2004 Harley), then I am much more carefull not to offend.
aaronN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 04:27 AM   #60
flying_hun
Founding Member

>>If local bikers want to do something useful in this case. Have a rally during this guys trial. Call the media and be visible to draw attention to what happened. It might help to get him a stiffer sentence?<<

Why wait for the trial? Write the newspapers and call the DA's office now. Apply pressure up front so that they know there's community outrage. That makes it more likely that they'll build a case for an appropriately harsh sentence.
flying_hun is offline   Reply With Quote