Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 07-30-2005, 05:31 AM   #241
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: Thanks for the rude awakening Steve (i'll shut up now)

So your twisted definition of 'tyranny' would include employees quitting without the employers consent? Obviously in your f&cked up mind, it would.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-30-2005, 06:15 AM   #242
Haird
Founding Member

Default Re: Buy a Harley and Lose Your Job

Yeah, things are always more complicated than they seem. Thank God conservatives are there to protect us from a social aganda.
Haird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 08:45 AM   #243
seruzawa
The Toad

"Those smart fellas use campaigns of 'creative disinformation' to manipulate the undereducated and prejudiced hicks into voting their way."

Just wondering which political party you are referring to. Sounds like any of 'em.
Old 07-30-2005, 08:50 AM   #244
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Need to research before you talk

No one is allowed to escape Utopia. Especially you. Remember the late and unlamented Soviet Union? You'd think these guys would get a clue eventually.
Old 07-30-2005, 09:23 AM   #245
pdad13
Founding Member

Default Re: Are you that self unaware?

Oh, I'm not upset. In fact, I'm giggling as I write this.

Your circular logic is very funny. You can't inject the the terms "liberal" and "conservative" into a debate that has taken a very political turn (why, I'm not sure) and expect people to think that you're talking about anything else but ideology.

And you've got something else wrong: Words can have many different connotations but not contexts. Their exact meaning is inferred by the context within which they are used. The words in question themselves do not determine context. I think the context and subtext here is pretty clear.

Putting your example into "binary" as you choose to term it does nothing but create two generalizatoins. Notice how the extreme "binary" of a liberal is wholly good and the extreme "binary" of a conservative is wholly evil.

Who are you trying to fool? Binary examples do nothing to explain real people and the real world. It's just a slanted exagerration of two groups from your perspective.
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 09:31 AM   #246
rapier
Founding Member

Default Protesters appear

http://www.mlive.com/news/muchronicl...950.xml&coll=8

rapier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 09:58 AM   #247
zrx1200
Registered Member

as for the out cry by h/d riders i have had many dealings with h/d shops since 1961 have an 03h/d elec/gld.std and kaw/mn/streak now,TRY WORKING AT A H/D SHOP AND SHOWING UP ON A NEW KAW NOMAD OR THE LIKES OF.
zrx1200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 10:22 AM   #248
Nplateau
Founding Member

Default Re: Are you that self unaware?

I like Guiness.
Nplateau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 11:14 AM   #249
rapier
Founding Member

Default Protesters appear

http://www.mlive.com/news/muchronicl...950.xml&coll=8

The usual contingent of Harely guys. And to throw a monkey wrench into the political angle, a guy who is essentially a labor organizer. That's union talk.

The local Harley dealer is a joke, and it's a pathetic place on the scale of things nowdays with the various Harely shrines and megamalls. Harley hates him and are trying to force him out on the old scamming pre orders thing. A sale was pending a few months ago, not sure it happened.

This guy will be able to get a job wrenching in some Harely shop I am sure.

Muskegon MI has been in recession since 1973. It does have nice beaches. World Class. 30 days a year the water is warm enough to take a swim.

rapier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 12:50 PM   #250
dylanmo
Founding Member

you're not done yet, son, his arsehole isn't quite clean
dylanmo is offline   Reply With Quote