Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 07-29-2005, 09:14 PM   #221
schizuki
Founding Member

Default Re: BEST POST HERE MUST READ

Not really. He negates it below.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-29-2005, 09:18 PM   #222
schizuki
Founding Member

Default Re: Are you that self unaware?

"No Pdiddy, it isn't liberalism itself making independant thought and expression more difficult, it's certain groups of so-called liberals that are. When I was at Berkeley, I never supported the tactic of shutting down speakers who voiced "unpopular" opinions."

Now there's a liberal I can buy a beer for. Not afraid of the free marketplace of ideas. Good on ya.

I've never seen a conservative college student throw a pie at a liberal speaker.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
Old 07-29-2005, 09:19 PM   #223
m_t_yeo
Founding Member

Default Re: Buy a Harley and Lose Your Job

I believe in my decisions until the evidence proves that I'm wrong and not one second longer. That, to me, is a strength, though I guarantee that a conservative would likely call that being indecisive. A conservative will cling to a belief far longer than a liberal - that's the definition of being conservative.
m_t_yeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 09:22 PM   #224
schizuki
Founding Member

Default Re: I think he has something here

"Now, I can understand why, after 6 years as President, Dubya hasn't employed a single Dem in his administration"

Uh, maybe it's because they call him "stupid", a "loser", the "selected" President, "liar", ad nauseum.

"Hey, a-hole, why are you so divisive?"

Old 07-29-2005, 09:25 PM   #225
schizuki
Founding Member

" but he is persistent."

...as in, "vegetative state."

And boy, that (banjo playing) gets funnier every time.

Old 07-29-2005, 09:32 PM   #226
schizuki
Founding Member

Are you capable of thought? I mean, you're all over the map.

"I believe in my decisions until the evidence proves that I'm wrong and not one second longer. That, to me, is a strength, though I guarantee that a conservative would likely call that being indecisive."

Huh? Wha? Having a belief until it is disproved is called "reason." It's also, as you descibe it, decisive. What conservative would characterize "not one second longer" as "indecisive"?

Your posts are a bizarre collection of contradictions.

"A conservative will cling to a belief far longer than a liberal - that's the definition of being conservative."

Or, it's the definition of having an empirically or experientially correct belief. Do you arbitrarily change your beliefs just for the hell of it?

Old 07-29-2005, 09:45 PM   #227
m_t_yeo
Founding Member

Unlike the thoroughly discredited Bill O'Reilly or Anne Coulter or Newt Gingrich or Tom DeLay? Unlike the ridiculously biased Fox News?

Echo chambers? Dubya has surrounded himself with fellow believers from the PNAC, so don't even begin to talk about echo chambers. Find me someone in the inner sanctum who isn't a PNAC crackpot and I'll eat my hat. Bush dumped anyone with a dissenting opinion and is stacking every political post he can fill with his sycophantic cronies. Clinton hired Powell and kept several ranking Republicans in key positions they inhabited under Bush Sr. because they had experience and did their jobs well. Dubya doesn't have a single Dem in any major position ... the idea is unthinkable because all Dems are morons. Why would you hire morons?

Alt-left weeklies are boring? If I have to hear yet another diatribe about the 'liberal dominated media' or about reclaiming 'family values' I'm going to puke. The extreme right sounds like a broken record.

Let's face it ... any ideology has its nutbars.

Old 07-29-2005, 09:48 PM   #228
schizuki
Founding Member

"Who is kpaul? I don't have any post from someone with that name."

You know how back in the day, people got clued in that liberals were full of sh!t? So "liberal" became a bad word? A lot of them, instead of ditching their stupider ideas, figured they could slide by now by calling themselves "progressives." (Way, WAY back in the day, "conservative" was a bad word, but conservatives stuck with it because they knew they had a bunch of good ideas and they jettisoned their bad ones . Liberals - er, "progressives" - still try to use it as a pejorative, but that doesn't work so well now, so they've taken to "neocon" as a scare word.)

Anyhow, sportbikepilot used to be kpaul, but he was an ass and kept ruining the threads with his nonsense, so he laid low for a while and then slithered back. Like the scorpion that stung the turtle, he can't change his nature, so the threads will all start sucking again and I'll probably let my account lapse like I was going to before he left.

Old 07-29-2005, 09:59 PM   #229
m_t_yeo
Founding Member

Default Re: Thanks for the rude awakening Steve (i'll shut up now)

An employer can fire someone without reason or justification and without any measure of responsibility for the welfare of the family he just impoverished on a capricious whim?

Sounds like tyranny to me.
Old 07-30-2005, 03:38 AM   #230
pdad13
Founding Member

Default Re: Are you that self unaware?

Really? You did?

Yes, that's why the liberal in the example was good and virtuous without exception and the conservative was stupid, greedy and unethical.

Do you really believe your own bullsh*t?
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote