Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Paranoid News Clips (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/paranoid-news-clips/)
-   -   Buy a Harley and Lose Your Job (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/paranoid-news-clips/2956-buy-harley-lose-your-job.html)

triumph900 07-29-2005 10:25 AM

Re: Buy a Harley and Lose Your Job

Gay? Probably not. Anchovies? Absolutely!

Just how/why does that = Red-state? You Blew-staters.....just bl*w.

maladg 07-29-2005 10:26 AM

Re: eureka!

America, "F" Yeah!!!!!!

Abe_Froman 07-29-2005 10:29 AM

Re: Thanks for the rude awakening Steve (i'll shut up now)

And even that is unconstitutional re: the first amendment right of association. If I want to decide who I want to get together with, that is my right. If we decide that, when together, we want to make a little money, again, our right, I'm under no obligation to include anyone else in this activity whatsoever.

That is freedom. Sorry you don't like it. Freedom means freedom from coercion. You apparently would like all employers to be coerced to keep you employed. Sorry, that's not a right. That's a want. A tyrannical one at that.

Abe_Froman 07-29-2005 10:34 AM

Re: Buy a Harley and Lose Your Job

khakis are baggy pants? what, you buy them at Abercrombie or something? On one hand you were wearing pants that were too baggy (some consider that a juvenile way to dress, frankly I could care less) and on the other you were dressing too flashy. These don't reconcile well. I don't get it.

BrowningBAR 07-29-2005 10:38 AM

Re: Pot calling kettle black. You are just as much off topic as I am..

What happened?! I thought I threw a "turd in the punch" and you were going to study?

maladg 07-29-2005 10:38 AM

If you actually read the WSJ, you would have seen MultiStrada 600 & other entry level adventure bikes on PG 1 of Personal Journal today and submitted it to MO. (Hey, why didn't I do that??)

You'd have seen that tax receipts are WAY up & deficit shrinking - exactly as expected.

You'd have seen that the dollar is up over the lows of a few months ago.

You'd have seen that a rising dollar has about as many downsides as a falling dollar has upsides - and vice-versa.

You'd have seen commentator after commentator effortlesssly taking apart Paul Krugman - who frankly isn't worth even a minor effort to refute.

No, I think you take your cues more from Daily Kos or something like that.

And I'm not a conservative, either. Liberterian and proud of it. And PJ O'Rourke is the finest political writer in the known multi-verse!

back to my chosen profession of accordion repair.

svo68 07-29-2005 10:43 AM

Re: Ummm...

Liberalism means not having to believe in anything, never having to take a stand for anything or anyone, going through life with the tail tucked between the legs, devoid of a set of balls, and crying about everything. Anything anyone wants to do is fine.

BrowningBAR 07-29-2005 10:52 AM

I suspect there are quite a few Libertarians on this site.

pdad13 07-29-2005 11:19 AM

Re: Are you that self unaware?

Well, by strict definition, liberalism should allow all kinds of thinking. I guess that would make me a liberal.

But we're talking about an ideology here, aren't we? Ideolouges are running the show; they're pushing an agenda. And when any ideology or movement is taken to an extreme, it naturally shuts out any opposing viewpoint, even one that supposedly claims the virtues that "liberalism" does. By the way, that goes for "conservatism" too.

Our friend here is a product of that process. He's so blinded by his prejuidice that he can't even recognize the absurdity of his reasoning. If you're a true liberal, you should be most offended by him.

Are you really?

Buzglyd 07-29-2005 11:21 AM

Re: Thanks for the rude awakening Steve (i'll shut up now)

If you had his brain wouldn't you want some law to keep your employer from showing you the door?