Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 07-29-2005, 09:57 AM   #131
christian_gates
Founding Member

Default Re: Buy a Harley and Lose Your Job

There's usually more to these stories than is initially disclosed. There's a nice shock-value (so and so got fired for riding such and such to work or whatever), but the facts often muddy the waters. For example, you often have to sign a non-disparagement clause when you agree to work for someone, meaning that while under their employ, you are not allowed to say bad things about them. This is perfectly legal.

Rights and freedoms are defined as what the government can do to restrict your behavior - not as what some company might or might not require of you. This isn't a liberal or conservative issue - it's an issue of an employee using quesitonable judgment; I'm guessing, but I don't know, that he had exhibited bad judgment historically, as good mechanics and good employees are hard to find.

As a side note, Sportbikebandit, you seem to be afflicted with BDS - Bush Derangement Syndrome - and appear to get your economic "facts" from Paul Krugman. This is a dangerous practice, as he frequently issues erroneous analysis. Is Bush an idiot? Sure, sometimes, although less frequently than Kerry, to pick an apropos example. So was Clinton. Big deal. It's annoying to constantly have to listen to the carping all the time. Give it a rest and talk about issues, not generically broad ideology. Clinton got campaign contributions from the Chinese military. Bush is a liar and wants to steal your children to fund Halliburton's money factory. Reagan is the Devil. Kerry is a traitor. Blah blah blah.

If you think that there's something wrong with "at will" employment, then say so. Somehow firing on Bush for a state law enacted long before he was elected, though, is pointless.
christian_gates is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-29-2005, 09:58 AM   #132
christian_gates
Founding Member

Sportbikebandit. He likes to blather about Bush, and he likes 600cc sportbikes.
christian_gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 09:59 AM   #133
sportbikebandit
Founding Member

Default Facts and Data

longride > 10

seruzawa > 10

BrowningBAR = 4

Fenton > 10

I can count can you BrowingBAR?.. I am supposed to be working on my homework for school so thanks for throwing a turd in the punch bowl, I am out of here....

sportbikebandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 10:08 AM   #134
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Default Re: Facts and Data

???
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 10:10 AM   #135
rapier
Founding Member

Damn, guess I should have posted this story. The place is a mile from me. I thought when I read it that it was pretty bad, and dumb. This isn't good publicity. I don't think employees park in front anyway. Who's to see.

Someone up thead pointed out this might not be the whole story and I suspect they were looking for a reason to dump the guy anyway.

I wonder how many Harley dealers have done the same, I seem to remember such a story but can't pin it down.

They sell Yam, Suziki, Kawi, and polaris/victory. Nice place physicaly. Every time I drive by I think what a tough bussiness. Seems half their sport bike inventory is off year. I only deal with the parts department. OK I guess, if not some of the sharpest knives in the drawer behind the counter.
rapier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 10:12 AM   #136
atk74seattle
Registered Member

Funny. Here in Seattle, starting about the end of September of every year we get weekly propoganda emails from the CEO as to who to vote for and how to vote on various initiatives.
atk74seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 10:14 AM   #137
dnlwthrn
Founding Member

Where did that come from? As a conservative, I do have my opinions and beliefs, but its not my job to convert you or change you...

I surround myself with one viewpoint because I ACTUALLY BELIEVE the viewpoint. Just because I believe in something means that I've made an "ineffective" decision? <blockquote>How can you make an effective decision without having all the different viewpoints in advance?</blockquote> What happens when you make that decision? Do you still sit around with all those different viewpoints, or do you believe in the decision that you made.

From your post you don't sound like a liberal, you sound confused!
dnlwthrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 10:18 AM   #138
Nplateau
Founding Member

Default Re: Are you that self unaware?

No Pdiddy, it isn't liberalism itself making independant thought and expression more difficult, it's certain groups of so-called liberals that are. When I was at Berkeley, I never supported the tactic of shutting down speakers who voiced "unpopular" opinions. Yet there were a significant amount of so-called liberals that used that method. It isn't liberalism at fault, it is the closed minded sort of liberal that is. That being said, I find there is nothing wrong when a liberal or a conservative deride eachother, so long as they've taken the time to first hear each other out.
Nplateau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 10:24 AM   #139
HNH750
Founding Member

" This is America" The owner should be able to make the rules and hire who he wants. Don't like his rules then work somewhere else. See how easy that is with no need for a government babysitter.
HNH750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 10:27 AM   #140
Nplateau
Founding Member

No one should be banned. If there were people to be banned, it should be you and Longride. Oh and Buz too. You guys are pretty damn insufferable. Stupid to boot. I still love you though. Big wet kisses from me to you ****wad.
Nplateau is offline   Reply With Quote