Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 07-29-2005, 07:27 AM   #91
eekadog
Founding Member

Default Re: Buy a Harley and Lose Your Job

"Kekoni said he plans to keep the bike.

"It's a helluva thing to get fired over."

"

RIDE ON!!!!!

eekadog is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-29-2005, 07:29 AM   #92
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

I just bought a couple of Yamahas in the past week. I bought them used because I am really tired of the dealership mentality. It seems bike dealerships have a high rate of incompetence and most of it seems to stem from the owners. Oh, and try buying a bike for a woman. You tell them youÂ’re looking for a 250cc bike and they pretty much roll their eyes and tell you they canÂ’t help you, donÂ’t carry any and donÂ’t know anyone that does. What the hell?!

The dealerships around Philly are pretty useless it seems (although the Mongomeryville Cycle Center seems pretty solid, they actually help customer...shocking!) and AZ has their share of j@ck@sses also. Now IÂ’m trying to get gear for her and I have some stupid punk 20 year old saleshole telling me "This Joe Rocket mesh jacket is enough protection. My buddy on his Gixxer was doinÂ’ 90 on I-95 when he crashed doing a wheelie and he didnÂ’t have a scratch on him".

Â…We then left the dealership.

The sad thing is, IÂ’m pretty much walking into dealerships, money in hand saying we want good gear and what do you have? They respond with "Just whatÂ’s on the racks, we can order anything, but if you donÂ’t like it itÂ’s a 25% restocking fee". And that doesn't help since you need to try it on to make sure it actually fits right.

Oh, and we bought a Virago 250 with 124 miles on it from a nice older couple. SheÂ’s quite happy with it. It is a fun little bike, actually.

...Hmm...I guess I sort of left the topic of the story, didn't I.
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 07:35 AM   #93
pdad13
Founding Member

Default Yes, that was definitely clear as mud

Once again you've reinforced the fact that you are more close-minded than any of your targets.

Conservativism or liberalism has nothing to do with anything you've just tried to relate.

You also have very little grasp of the competitive marketplace. When a dealer agrees to sell certain brands, they have an obligation to those brands (as the manufacturers have to the dealers.) It's supposed to be a mutually beneficial relationship. And the dealers have a duty to promote and protect their brands.

I agree that bad-mouthing other brands is a stupid and short-sided tactic (and don't disagree with a few of your points about what might make a good motorcycle dealership), but to determine that all of those bad dealers are "conservative" is just pure, prejudiced nonsense.

What you're saying is that anyone that YOU deem to be a conservative is crooked and stupid. Hmm, where are all of those wonderful viewpoints you were talking about?

You should take a good hard look in the mirror.
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 07:36 AM   #94
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

I don't think I could make liberals look any worse than he is doing. This guy didn't just step on his ****, but put in in the garbage disposal, and flipped the switch to 'high'.
Old 07-29-2005, 07:36 AM   #95
Fenton
Founding Member

Someone gets to live with that the rest of their lives. Or you stand up and ***** slap the prick.
Fenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 07:38 AM   #96
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: Yes, that was definitely clear as mud

"What you're saying is that anyone that YOU deem to be a conservative is crooked and stupid. "

I guess he never met Mayor Richard Daley.
Old 07-29-2005, 07:41 AM   #97
Fenton
Founding Member

There's a topic?

This looks like a soccer crowd on meth.
Fenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 07:42 AM   #98
sportbikebandit
Founding Member

Hey thanks, my wife won't allow me to say anything bad about W. She says my hatred for W is irrational. I agree with her. To be honest he just reminds me of all the guys I hated in college: Never did any physical work in his life, born with a silver spoon in his mouth, used his daddy's influence to get by, while most of us had to work summer and part-time jobs to make it through school he partied. Life is not fair.... The guy who slides by becomes president and fracks up everthing the guy before him, who did know physical work and didn't slide by, did...
sportbikebandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 07:43 AM   #99
svo68
Registered Member

His company, he can fire him for any reason he wants. If it was my company, I would do the same.
svo68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 07:44 AM   #100
pdad13
Founding Member

Default Re: Yes, that was definitely clear as mud

Hey, we got Al Sharpton!
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote