Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 07-28-2005, 07:40 PM   #21
nesbit
Founding Member

Default Re: Shades of Janklow

Bravo to the D.A.! Relevant to this news, let me paraphase my reply to Vershoor's 7/26 news - "State Patrol Reminds Drivers to Watch for Motorcycles". Good old fashion law enforcement and prosecution is what we need, not educational programs, which have proven themselves relatively useless. This clown and the millions like him who DUI every week proves the point. Does anyone out there seriously believe that recidivist drunk drivers can be "educated"? If you do, you're probably one yourself or a liberal progressive agendaist who believes that understanding and sensitivity to the inebriates personal problems will cure his sociopathic behavior. Once again, we need aggressive enforcement of a 100% consistent Zero-tolerance national VTL, with mandatory time away, permanent revocation and vehicle confiscation. Don't educate'em. Just prosecute and segregate'em. Hopefully, to a small ice drift up North somewhere. After all, no pain, no gain! Oh, you think I'm a bit over-the-top here. Come-on over and I'll take you on a site tour of flower bouquets commemorating the unintended homicide of bikers in my neighborhood - last count five (5) and "no charges preferred" in any.
nesbit is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-28-2005, 09:31 PM   #22
supecoop
Founding Member

The linked story just says he was convicted and that the judge postponed sentencing. He was sentenced to 150 days in jail, 30 months probation and ordered to attend 90 AA meetings in 90 days. He was released after serving 72 days because of credits granted by the judge.

Here's the followup report:

http://www.belleville.com/mld/belleville/12067633.htm
supecoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 09:58 PM   #23
Gabe
Registered Member

Default I think I take offense to a couple of things, sherrif

One, and most importantly, your use of "liberal progressive agendaist" is offensive and kinda dumb. It's intelluctually lazy and silly to label a non-existent group of people, or to use a term like "agenda" to negatively describe something.

If I can follow your "logic", a state with conservative control of the legislature, executive and judiciary will have much lower crime and DUI rates, if you control for other factors, right? And lower poverty, teen pregnancy, drug abuse, and everything else that's bad?

Do you really want me to compare liberal Massachusetts with good, solid, all-american values Oklahoma?

Better yet, you compare those two states and get back to me about how evil the "liberal progressive agenda" is.

By the way, "Liberal" and "Progressive" were terms used in the early part of the 20th century by reforming politicians. They pushed for affordable mass transit, public sanitation, clean, safe water and food, an end to civic govenrment corruption, 40 hour work weeks, and many more things we all (conservatives and liberals alike) take for granted today. They were all Republicans, ironically.

And what's this fascist BS all about: "we need aggressive enforcement of a 100% consistent Zero-tolerance national VTL, with mandatory time away, permanent revocation and vehicle confiscation."

What happend to Jefforson's idea of local control of government? The traditional cry of "State's Rights!"? I though less government was better govenrment?

Let local communities decide what's best for them (as long as they don't trample on basic constitutional rights!), and keep the Feds out of the picture as much as possible. They have at least 20 more middle eastern countries to invade; they have their hands full.

Just a guy in the ether...
Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 03:21 AM   #24
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default I compared em!

"Better yet, you compare those two states and get back to me about how evil the "liberal progressive agenda" is."

Massachusetts has Senators Edward Kennedy and John Kerry, while Oklahoma has Senators James Inhofe and Don Nickles.

I'd say that's a BIG win for Oklahoma right there!
Old 07-29-2005, 06:55 AM   #25
nokneedragin
Founding Member

Default Re: I compared em!

Both states have senators with a R or D next to their names, that sounds like a pathetic loss for both.
nokneedragin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 01:12 PM   #26
pudlepirate
Registered Member

just clense em out of the gene pool, make dui only illegal for operators of vehicles 1500 pounds or greater. colateral damage won't be that great and fatalities will be almost certain.
pudlepirate is offline   Reply With Quote