Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 07-23-2005, 11:33 AM   #11
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: Honda More American That Harley?

Harley has used Japanese componants for years, what's news about that. The bottom line is Harley Davidson is an American based company, American Honda is the American subsidiary of a Japanese based company.

If you want an American made Harley you better buy a pre '69 Shovel, Pan or Knuckle, Sporty or K Model......whatever. There all nice bikes, buy what you want and be happy with it. An American corporation is going to screw you just as hard as a foreign based company.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-23-2005, 12:35 PM   #12
tomk2
Founding Member

It's a very well run company too... several months ago when they saw dealer inventory levels going up they revised forecasts and shipped fewer bikes rather than just stuffing the distribution channel.

Selling 35,000 more bikes than you built is a GOOD thing.
tomk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 02:42 PM   #13
Fenton
Founding Member

Nothing levels the playing field of life like massive cynicism.

Actually, they are "all nice bikes." My second bike(unlikely) would be a big Road King or Road Glide. I ride my buddies Ultra regularly, crank up the stereo and just "hang out." What a different and refreshingly fun way to ride.
Fenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 03:06 PM   #14
saaz
Registered Member

Similar complaints the world over. For those who think that you should only buy things made and/or owned in that country, don't then expect to sell anything to another country or to own companies overseas. Other countries think the same thing about American companies overseas.
saaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 04:34 PM   #15
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Is a "true fact" even better than a "fact"? I figger if it's a "true fact" then we have to believe it, especially when it comes from a "decent source".
Old 07-23-2005, 06:11 PM   #16
steppenwoof
Registered Member

Default honda is the american harley now

I owned a real & the best harley many years ago...125cc rapide...2 stroke.........dont forget about the italian harley single pot 4 strokes.........harleys havent been 100% american made or parts for a long, long time.....
steppenwoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 08:23 PM   #17
Steven_Verschoor
Registered Member

Aw c'mon man, I was sleepy.

Anyway, you're doing a fine job. If you point out any more typos, I'll fix them. Thanks!

Steven
Steven_Verschoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 09:39 PM   #18
yoavy11
Founding Member

I meant, unlike the fact that was posted in the link above, which is a false one.
yoavy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2005, 03:49 PM   #19
TJKellogg
Registered Member

I agree about their bus.-sense. That's why I'll probably never be able to afford to even buy a used HD, as they keep the demand so high despite ridiculous (in the objective, rather than the all-important "what people will pay" sense) overpricing.

I'd love to have a Harley, but can't see paying so much more for inferior performance, etc. even if I could. I'll just keep riding the 30-year-old Kawi, improving it bit by bit, and not buy anything new.

As for what is and isn't "made in USA". I got tired of that discussion years ago. People will drive a Chevy made almost entirely by Toyota or any vehicle made in Canada or Mexico or where-ever, with an American brand-name, and tell me I'm better off walkin' than ridin' that rice-burner. The last line, specifically, came from a guy at the gas pump with his Chevy Prizm (Toyota Camry), while I was filling-up the KZ650 (it's a nice-looking and -running old bike, BTW).
TJKellogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 11:16 AM   #20
bluecheese
Registered Member

and Miller is now owned my a South African company (SAB).
bluecheese is offline   Reply With Quote