Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 06-25-2005, 01:31 PM   #1
zarn02
Founding Member

Default Re: Motorcycle racing exposure, good sign and bad.

i'd like to see more motorcycle racing on speed channel, but in their defense i really didn't dig it until i started riding, myself. guess you gotta go where the money takes you.

oh, and first post.
zarn02 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-25-2005, 02:02 PM   #2
eekadog
Founding Member

that poker bs has got to go as well
eekadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2005, 02:05 PM   #3
yossef
Founding Member

I wonder how it'd be if the likes of Roberts, Lawson, Rainey and Schwantz were racing today with all the TV chanels for exposure. In italy, last few motogp races have achieved a 35% rating, that's 8 million viewers in a 55 million country! No small thanks to Valentino's outstanding charm.
yossef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2005, 03:22 PM   #4
Fenton
Founding Member

The motocross racer is Nicky Hilton, I get People.
Fenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2005, 05:12 PM   #5
trumant
Founding Member

*****, more Americans would know who Nicky is if he raced motocross. ESPN ignited some pretty big moto-x lust with the X Games, I'd really love to see them put some equivalently large coverage on motorcycle road racing, especially now that Jordan's in the mix.
Old 06-26-2005, 09:33 AM   #6
giuliom
Registered Member

Yes, I was reading today that Assen, although run on Saturday, had almost 8 million viewers in Italy. They expect that during the season motogp will pass F1 in viewership (currently a tad above 8 mil, not counting Indianapolis), and this is in a country where F1 is just about a religion! Valentino is a reason, but it's the quality of the races too. If Vale always won by 2 laps, I doubt people would watch. My 79-year-old mom back in Italy, who usually never watches sports, started watching motogp and she is hooked! She says she has never seen so many thrilling races.
giuliom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 01:36 AM   #7
edward44
Founding Member

Did Speed show the Isle of Man races this year?

I forgot to check. Not that it mattered: always the same camera locations of the same guys with bad teeth. And NEVER any crashes. Trying to keep secret the death toll and general carnage. Only thing I watch on Speed is WSB (2 days late!) and then I record it so I can watch and fast forward thru the commericals. MotoGP I watch on MotoGP.com web site and get it live and uninterrupped. But then Speed is just giving us that ole magic of the market place snake oil. If things keep going like they have, Speed will just be commerical programing and NASCAR.
edward44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 10:51 AM   #8
nokneedragin
Founding Member

Default Another dead horse

Nicky was also on the Today show and was chosen in a dating game type game. He beat out a country singer and an NFL player (I think).

I said it before, Speed needs to go ahead with the NASCAR 24/7 channel, and start a seperate channel for the rest of us.
nokneedragin is offline   Reply With Quote