Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 06-21-2005, 05:47 AM   #1
hector
Founding Member

Default Re: West Hollywood Enforces Zero-tolerance Policy

Amen.

Oh, ya, first post too.
hector is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-21-2005, 05:49 AM   #2
drthompson65
Founding Member

Looks like the revolt starts in hollyweird...
2004 Ducati 999 Mono Yellow (Wrecked May 06)
2006 Ducati 999S Mono Black (Replaced Wife June 06)

1972-2000 A collection of mini, dirt, and road bikes to vast too list..
drthompson65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 06:21 AM   #3
Dryfly
Registered Member

I already thought the only thing the west coast environmental wacko's allowed people to do was breathe. You mean all this time I could have been riding through town with loud pipes and gotten away with it? Damn, missed another opportunity to express a little freedom. What will Tom (the midget) Cruise do about riding his Confederate? I wonder if he'll be able to afford a baffle??
Dryfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 06:22 AM   #4
seruzawa
The Toad

Well, if the cops are all busy enforcing muffler laws then it means more money for the city and less danger for the cops. 'Cause otherwise they might have to pursue burglars, rapists, drug dealers.... you know, that other stuff. Yep. That'll really increase the "quality of life".

Or how about the city spend the money on a 10 story tall air freshener?

Still, they may make those annoying motorcycles quiet, but what are they going to do about all those annoying celebrities? How about putting mufflers on them?
Old 06-21-2005, 06:25 AM   #5
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

West Hollywood seems to have a problem with loud noise emissions of any kind. I understand that most of the men there don't even make a sound when they fart. VWW
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 06:33 AM   #6
Hutchinator
Founding Member

I'm not going to gripe about this one. For one, because I don't live around there anymore

For another, I'm tired of exhaust so loud (bike and cage) I can't hear my cranked (Just shy of ear damage) radio even if I roll up my truck's windows. Really bad around Anchorage during this summer.

And no, I don't want any cheese with my whine, thanks.
Old 06-21-2005, 06:36 AM   #7
nokneedragin
Founding Member

My only problem is that it target motorcycles only. So I can yank the mufflers off my big block s10 duelly, and blare Rachmaninoff at 1000 watts of ear splitting power while cruising in my lowered civic; but heaven forbid that I ride a motorcycle with loud pipes.

It should apply to all noise poluters.
nokneedragin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 06:38 AM   #8
Hutchinator
Founding Member

Agreed
Old 06-21-2005, 07:09 AM   #9
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

Default Motorcycles Only...

The reason for targeting motorcycles only, is that it is motorcycles that are causing this problem. This isn't a "witch hunt" by the mayor's office, it is simply a response to the demands of the citizens of West Hollywierd.

I live on the beach in Redondo and even though I love motorcycles, I often want to throw rocks at the hundreds of open-pipe Harleys that pop and backfire their way past my house on thier weekend pose-a-thon. The a-holes (not just the V-2s, about 10% are sportbikes) do this in a residential area, starting as early as 6:30am and continuing by the hundreds through the rest of the day. On Sunday mornings, they wake the entire neighboorhood and don't just change the effect of sitting on your balcony watching the surf (and the sunbathing CA girls), they often rattle the glasses in the cupboards, drown out the MotoGP races on TV and make holding a conversation more of a sporradic attempt to communicate in the brief luls between blatting pipes. Not only would I be unsurprised if they passed a similiar law in Redondo Beach.... I'd be likely to support it with my own signature.

*Disclaimer* Every bike I've ever owned has had an aftermarket exhaust, and I believe that it is your right to equip your vehicle as you see fit. However when an area is adopted by thousands of bikers as a part of thier morning cruise, the noise problem becomes overwhelming and the only way to solve the issue short of an outright ban on motorcycles, is to go to a zero-tollerance stance on noise emissions. I think it sucks that the rude riders spoil it for the rest of us, but that doesn't change the reality that they have indeed spoiled it. Now, those of us who always idle through residential areas and resist the urge to blip the throttle and unleash the sweet sound of our favorite bikes, have to put our stock mufflers on just like the rest of the motorcyclists. Don't blame the citizens, don't blame big brother.... blame the irresponsible ****heads who created the problem and didn't modify thier actions when the general public started grumbling about the constant intrusion of thier illegal noise generators. -Sean
Old 06-21-2005, 07:35 AM   #10
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: Motorcycles Only...

I rode once with this guy who would actually ride his motorcycle up onto sidewalks..................
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote