Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 06-21-2005, 02:51 PM   #41
travisyoung
Founding Member

Default Re: West Hollywood Enforces Zero-tolerance Policy

For me it's to set off overly sensitive car alarms...my bike does this but at a whisper compared to the leather daddy crowd's straight piped bikes.
travisyoung is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-21-2005, 03:27 PM   #42
ofreen
Registered Member

If loud pipes save even one life, it is all worth it.
ofreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 03:29 PM   #43
redlegduke
Founding Member

Default Re: Motorcycles Only...

Sean,

I'm wiht you on the few screwing it up for the many! But just wait to hear the wail of those turd heads about "freedom" and "rights". Far too many motorcyclists don't understand that there are people in Governemnt that don't give a rat's rump about us and without blinking could sign legislation putting us all in cages. I'm not a paranoid nut, but did you see the recent comments by that muckymuck at NHTSA - motorcyclists are a "scourge" to the highway. Wake up call . . . hello!

Duke

Duke
redlegduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 03:32 PM   #44
ofreen
Registered Member

"Last I checked, operating any kind of motorvehicle on public roads is a privilege, not a right. "

There's that privilege vs. rights thing again. Where did you check? Is there a list somewhere?
ofreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 03:44 PM   #45
den111
Founding Member

Idiots with loud pipes are bad for the rest of us. It's just a big ***** you to the world.I say ***** them.
den111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 03:45 PM   #46
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

Just because you're paranoid it doesn't mean that they're not following you. VWW
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 04:18 PM   #47
pdad13
Founding Member

It's called the U.S. Constitiution. And if operating a motorvehicle were a right, none of us would have to be licensed. You can try taking that to the Supreme Court, but I think you'll probably lose.
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 06:31 PM   #48
giuliom
Registered Member

Well, I have been a biker since I was 14 (many years ago) and I enjoy going fast, etc., but straight pipes are a pain in the butt. I live about 500 yds from the main drag in my neck of the woods, in a quiet nieghborhood (with *many* bikers, fortunately), and I hate when I wake up because some idiot is opening it up on straight pipes half a mile away at 3:00 am. Sorry, but that's the honest to God truth. I do want them to crack down on other noises, but straight pipes are among the worst. BTW, the first time you are stopped in West Hollywood, you'll get a "fix-it ticket", the second time they'll fine you, etc., so that's not so bad. In an area with plenty of apartment buildings, etc. a single rider at 4:00 can really get a lot of people mad. In general, I don't think sportbikes are nearly as bad, noise-wise.
giuliom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 06:50 PM   #49
seruzawa
The Toad

I've got a copy of the USC and it doesn't mention driver's licenses anywhere.

It also says that the police can't search you without a warrant that names the things to look for and the specific place to look for them. Try taking that one to the Supreme Court. They found some sort of wording there that allows random police searches. A pretty good trick, what?

Don't even get me started on the idiotic, evil uttely failed and useless drug war. All approvced by the USSC.
Old 06-21-2005, 08:24 PM   #50
tomk2
Founding Member

that's right... you don't need a drivers license to drive on your own private property.

tomk2 is offline   Reply With Quote