Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 06-21-2005, 11:16 AM   #31
pdad13
Founding Member

Default Re: Motorcycles Only...

Amen, Sean. Most of these poseurs have pipes that are so loud that they defy any useful purpose. I'm not for regulation, but I tire of this impingement of freedom argument. No one has the right to be a nuisance to other people enjoying their own freedoms.

Last I checked, operating any kind of motorvehicle on public roads is a privilege, not a right.

And we as motorcyclists are doing ourselves no favor by continuing to support the "rights" of others to be a$$holes.

How about slapping these idiots around (verbally, of course) instead of worrying about a slippery slope that usually doesn't exist. A little self policing from within the community might move the authorities' focus from loud pipes back to something more beneficial.
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-21-2005, 11:28 AM   #32
edward44
Founding Member

Default Re: West Hollywood Enforces Zero-tolerance Policy

You left coasters need to vacate the joint before it slides into the Pacific. With all the db you complain about that might not be too far off. Come over to the right coast, to the Hamptons, where life is sweet.
edward44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 11:59 AM   #33
pudlepirate
Registered Member

I replaced my stock speed triple exhaust with a genuine triumph "off road use only" pipe, looks just like stock, albiet a little shorter, the bike comes in a smidge over the leagal limit, but nowhere near obnoxious, and only while beating it, not something i do around town generaly (never been hassled about it either) just loud enough to keep deer and pedestrians from wandering out in front of me, I could see going after straight pipes, but if you are going to hit aftermarket muflers, you had beter extend the law to cars and trucks, I have never heard a bike as obnoxious as an econo box with a "fart can"
pudlepirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 12:10 PM   #34
johnnyb
Founding Member

what's the address Ed?
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 12:29 PM   #35
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

...yesh but they cost just as much as a speeding ticket. No slap for you mister.
Old 06-21-2005, 12:30 PM   #36
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Loud pipes save lives! Or is that loud ties? Whatever...
Old 06-21-2005, 12:31 PM   #37
mattkane
Founding Member

Default question . . .

Does this mean that you can get a ticket for any aftermarket exhaust (and even if your bike is parked)? Or is it only if you're pulled over while operating the bike inappropriately from a noise perspective? I have aftermarket pipes on my bikes, but if I ride them at low revs, I can't imagine they're too noisy.

/matt
mattkane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 12:40 PM   #38
Fenton
Founding Member

I was one of those knobs with the thunder header on my Fat Boy. Ride through town with the car alarms going off. It was funny, and I was BAD.

The local police always waved or gave a little nod in support of my freedom.

Go home and switch to a red sport bike with stock exhaust and the same officer may follow you a couple of blocks cause you are a reckless punk.

Oh yeah, my point, every rider and the police has allowed this to get to the point it is today.
Fenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 01:13 PM   #39
Dangerousdave_2
Registered Member

Well, exactly. The first thing I do with any motorcyle is try make it a bit louder, but there's always some moron that wants you to know he's around, even if he's two miles away. Screw em I say.
Dangerousdave_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 01:16 PM   #40
Dangerousdave_2
Registered Member

Well, exactly. The first thing I do with any motorcyle is try make it a bit louder, but there's always some moron that wants you to know he's around, even if he's two miles away. Screw em I say.
Dangerousdave_2 is offline   Reply With Quote